Chapter 25: Truly Odd (edited)

His fingers were compressing my windpipe and I was finding it hard to breathe. I flailed my arms and legs trying to get free. I was gasping for air when a loud throaty growl erupted from Myles. Henry then dropped me to face him. I fell flat on my ass, but alive nonetheless.  I crawled away from Henry as Myles glared at him. “She is mine! You will not touch her!”

Henry’s voice came out course and rough, “you will need to keep your mate on a leash or I will kill her. I will not allow disobedience. Not from this little girl. You will teach her how to act around me!” He walked away but not without giving me one last glare. He scared me just as much as Keegan at times, if not more.

“Mason, are you okay?” Myles bent down in front of me and touched the bruise that now resided on my neck. “I am sorry about my father. I should have protected you.”

I couldn't speak to him. Flashes of when Keegan has choked me came flowing back. I began hyperventilating. I couldn’t stop. The memories clouded my mind and all I felt was anger and pain.

“Mason, let me help you up,” he held out his hand and I smacked it away. He pulled back a little and I got up and ran. I didn’t know where I was running, just that I was running away from all of this. I couldn't take another Victorn Academy. I won’t do it again. If this was going to keep happening then I’d gladly take my own life.

I ran upstairs and tried to find the room I woke up in earlier. It was hard because there were too many rooms. I had to check all of them. Every time I opened a door, I prayed that it wasn't the one to Henry's room. My senses weren't exactly reliable at the moment.

I finally reached the room and I locked the door behind me as I went in. I stood at the door panting. I couldn’t stop the flood of tears that followed. I slid down until my butt hit the floor. I felt the dull pain in my neck. I wanted to be rid of that school. This was just the beginning and I already have a death threat.

*

*

Knock…knock…knock

I crawled away from the door and stared at it hesitantly. The knocks came again and I covered my mouth to keep the sobs silent. “Ma’am, Mr. Myles told me to check up on you.”

I wiped away my tars and spoke, “I-I’m, f-fine,” I stuttered. “Just tell h-him I’m okay.” I didn't know what  to expect when I spoke to him again. I was surprised he didn’t try to curse at me or something. I did tie him up under the bathroom  sink and shoved a washcloth in his mouth that wasn't too sure was clean. “Heir?”

“Yes ma’am?” he asked politely.

“I'm sorry,” I said.

“I know ma’am.” Then I heard him leaving. I was alone, left to my thoughts. Something that was really dangerous right now

*

*

Two hours later…

Knock…knock…knock

“I’m fine Heir!” I shouted.

Knock…knock…knock

“I said I’m fine!” I just wanted some time to think and his constant pounding on the door was giving me a headache.

Knock…knock

I lifted myself off the floor and yanked the door open. I was staring at Myles, not Heir. “Hey, I just wanted to see if you were okay,” he held hid hands up. "Don't kill me."

“I’m fine, didn’t you hear me?” I asked. “This is nothing new to me. I’ll be fine eventually,” I turned and wiped a stray tear before he saw it.