Chapter 50: Battle Cries

It was like Henry had click an imaginary switch and we were stuck. I couldn't keep going and leave Heir to his death. Myles knew that. “It's whatever you want to do,” Myles whispered in my ears. “I won't leave here without you.”

Henry was getting closer and everything inside me screamed for me to take Myles's hand and run, but I just couldn't. Not when Heir was suffering.

I couldn't save Jillian, Sammy, Angela, or Talia. I had to save Heir. I didn't even care anymore that he wanted to kill me. I wanted to save someone for once. I didn't want another death on my hands.

I furrowed my brows then looked up at Myles apologetically, “I can't leave him Myles.”

“Then we're going to have to find him,” he gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

“The boy is as good as dead,” Henry came around the corner. “I would have thought you'd be smart enough to keep running Myles. You could have made a clean escape. Are you even sure that the boy is still alive? For all you know, I could have killed him the day you two left.”

Myles growled at Henry. I placed my hand on his chest to keep him back. With as much strength I was using to keep him back, I thought he was about to shift. “Myles don't let him get to you.”

“I'm trying,” he said with a mouth full of protruding fangs. It was happening. “Where is he! Where is Heir!”

“You left home for a little while and suddenly you think you're a big man,” he chuckled. “Maybe it's time to see what kind of man you really are.” Henry pulled off his perfectly tailor jacket, then he started unbuttoning his shirt. He pulled it off and I gasped. Scars. They were all over his body. I've never seen anything like it. They were all healed, but it didn't change the fact that some of them looked painful. One scar in particular extended from his right shoulder in a diagonal line down his torso. For a man his age, he was surprisingly fit.

“What's wrong Mason Faye, you’ve never seen what discipline looks like?” he mocked.

“No, I feel sorry for you Henry. I guess someone thought it was funny to use you as a target, but that gives you no right to do the things you do.”

Henry took a menacing step towards me. His eyes grew dark like two dark voids. I could feel Henry's emptiness. He rolled his shoulders and his head like he was waiting for this fight for a very long time. “I'll give you one last chance Myles. Give me the bitch and I'll let you live. You can even keep staying in our house. You can keep your own room. Nothing has to change.”

“No, out of the question. If you wanted her, you never should have passed her off to me. I could never give her back to you once you did that. I love her and you don't know the meaning of that word.

“That sounds like some fruity shit your mother would say,” he cracked his neck and took a few more steps closer to us. “I should have burned down that damn greenhouse of hers too. Just having anything of hers around me leaves a bad taste in my mouth.”

Myles growled more fiercely and pulled me behind him. “Mason, I want you to know that I love you. I would do anything for you. I was so happy the day you came into my life. I thought I finally had someone to love and someone to love me. I'm now I'm getting a little soft over hear but I wanted you to know that just in case something happens. What I need you to do his go find Heir. I'll be here when you get back.”

I think this was one of the only times I was actually going to listen to Myles. “I love you too. I can't lose you yet Myles,” I squeezed his hand then took off down another hallway. As I ran down the hall, I could hear the blaring sounds of growling and howling. Some of them made me worry, but I kept going. In all my experiences of jail, they were always in the basements so that's where I aimed to go.