Chapter 27: Ultimatum (edited)

I locked the door behind me as I went into the bathroom. I had a feeling that Myles would try to sneak to peek. I turned on the faucet and watched as warm water filled the tub. After two minutes, the water was nice and hot. I pulled off my skirt and ruffled blouse and chucked it across the room carelessly. The bastard choked me. I had to take my angry out on something.

I tried looking for shampoo to help wash away my thoughts. I took a minute before I found a barely used bottle behind the bathroom mirror. I then took off my underwear and slowly lowered myself into the tub. My muscles relaxed against the hot steamy pleasure. A moan escaped my lip and I leaned back. The pain from the dog attack hadn’t fully healed yet so there were still some purplish blotches lining my shoulder to midway down my back. I would never forget that day or Mrs. Bellows. I will never forget how she left me in that room with that thing. She left me there to fend for my life. She tried to break me like some common house pet.

Anger boiled inside me and I pounded the water repeatedly. I couldn’t stop it. I was so angry with everything and everyone. Why did I have to go through this shit? I kept asking myself. My nails elongated and sharpened. The wolf inside me was going crazy. She was already broken. I’m afraid that I don’t know what she’d do this time.

“Mason!” I flinched at Myles voice. My nail snapped back into place.

“What!” I shouted still remembering the smirk on Mrs. Bellows face that day.

“I have to go do something but I will be back in a few hours. When I get back I’ll walk you down to breakfast. Is that okay?”

“I’m not going to breakfast,” I said so low that I thought he couldn’t hear me.

“Starving yourself will only get you an early death,” he said, “I’ll take you when I get back. It’s only 7:45.” Damn wolf hearing.

“Whatever,” I replied as I lathered my hair with shampoo.

*

*

I didn’t know how long I was in the tub, but the water was cold and my hands and feet were pruned. I got out and wrapped a towel around my body. I came out of the bathroom just as I heard a noise.

On the bed were a pile of clothes.

“I hope you like them ma’am,” Heir step from behind the door, “Mr. Myles said these would fit you well.”

“Thanks. Tell him that I said if he comes in here again, I’ll make him sterile.”

“Y-yes ma’am,” he hesitated before closing the door. I had a feeling that Heir would tell Myles the PG version of that.

I pillared through the pile of brand new clothing. For the most part, it suited my particular taste. I have no clue as to how he knew, but I was content. I couldn't wear another skirt, it would remind me too much of Mrs. Bellows who has now become a stain on my mind.

I rummage the pile more until I found a nice pair of designer jeans—which were extremely rare—and a red top. Still I had nothing to put on my feet. I figured if they were okay with it, then so was I. However, I could shake the feeling that I didn't get any socks or shoes because it lessened my chances of escaping. The weather outside was looking brutal. The trees had next to no leaves and the grass was coated in ice. If it got any colder it would be snowing. It would also be my first winter without my parents or grandparents.

I picked up a comb from the dressed and started running it through my hair and the knots. I stood in front of the mirror barely recognizing who I had become. My eye darted to the red bruised that coated my neck. As soon as I touched it, flashing of being at the academy invaded my mind. Then the red in Henry eyes came. I found it hard to breathe. I turned and my footing became shaky. I leaned back against the dresser and slide down.