Chapter 21: Constant (edited)

*The next morning…*

My bedroom door flew open with a sickening sound and I heard the sounds of rushing feet. I looked up to find Mrs. Bellows along with other people I was not familiar with.

“Where is she?!” Mrs. Bellows shouted.

“Who are you referring to? You’re going to have to be specific,” I smirked. "There's like a million girls here."

“Angela! I know you know where she is. Tell me!” she shook my shoulders and I refused to speak. “I have given you so many chances Mason. I thought you would be a good girl now and accept your fate like everyone else, but now I can see that you haven’t. I'm going to have to break you," her face contorted and for a sec I thought I saw a monster. "Put your dress on...now!”

I walked over to my dresser where my dress was neatly placed. The other people she brought in the room wouldn’t avert their eyes so I turned and pulled off my pants and t-shirt I wore and slipped on the dress.

I shrugged, “what now?”

Mrs. Bellows stormed off. I thought she would just leave me alone but she came back with reinforcements. Keegan was smirking as he yanked me by my arm and out of the room. He pulled one of my arms around my back and told me to walk. I felt like I was about to go to jail, which was odd seeing that we barely have any.

I swallowed then walked straight ahead. I knew where this was going. I thought Mrs. Bellows had finally cracked her perfectly painted face. I wanted to laugh. After everything, she’s finally acting like she has emotions.

“I will be lenient today Mason,” Mrs. Bellows said as her heels clacked against the floor fiercely. “I will not make this your third strike. However, I cann't let you go unpunished.”

I snorted, “I’m already dead.” Keegan stopped in front of the same door that Noah had rescued me from. I guess I just can’t escape this room. I have no idea what awaited me inside but I felt even more scared since Mrs. Bellows was involved.

“That will be all Keegan,” she nodded and his mouth dropped open.

“I thought you wanted me to punish her?” he said.

“No, I will handle her,” she clenched her jaw. Keegan walked off shaking his head like she said something wrong. “Now Mason, I will give you one last chance to tell me where Angela Price is? I know you have something to do with her disappearance. If you talk now, all of this can be avoided.

I laughed. She really thought I would tell her after all of the shit we went through here. There’s no way in hell I am bringing Angela back. Noah did this for me. He’s helped me more than she ever could. “Angela who?”

“Okay, if you want to be a little bitch then so be it,” she opened the door and pushed me in. She was surprisingly strong. I went all the way in then fell on my stomach. I rolled over and sat up, looking at her. “Up!” she said. For some reason my mind was screaming at me to keep my mouth shut and not be a smart-ass.

I stood up and turn around. The room was dark but a dim light flickered above me. “Walk,” she said and I did. “Stop.”

I stopped and turned to look at her. She was gone. I heard the door close and then I felt a slight wave of relief. That was until I heard a low growling sound. I looked up but there was no one there. Something ran in the corner of my eye but when I looked, again nothing was there. The growling noise was even louder and I took a few steps back. “W-who’s in here?” I asked.

I didn’t get a real answer. I got another growl and a big black silhouette came into view. I began to hyperventilate a little. What kind of place did she leave me in?

Minutes later, big, glowing yellow eyes stood before me, two feet in the air. The eyes were fixed on me. I move and they followed. I took a step back and that was my biggest flaw. The thing came into full view and I ran. It was a huge black dog. I tried to keep running but its paw came down on me and trapped me to the ground.

His gigantic teeth snapped in my face and saliva coated my dress. I held my hand up blocking him. I place my hands on both his shoulder and pushed to keep him from biting off my face. He was so big and kept jerking his head at my face and hands. If I missed any movement he would have the better of me. “Help!” I screamed.

As if one cue, the door opened again, but I wouldn't dare look up. “Have you and Loki had some fun,” Mrs. Bellows strolled through the room.

One of its claws had slashed my stomach. “Ahhh!” I shouted at the top of my lunges. The pain brought back flashes of my previous beatings. I was cover in blood and open wounds. The thick scent of blood dispersed through the room and I was going in and out of consciousness.

“I tried so hard to tell you,” the dog had my arm in its mouth trying to rip it from its socket. “Why couldn’t you just be a good girl?!” she said in a taunting voice. The pain was so intense that tears overflowed.  “I try to be a good mother figure to you girls, but you do nothing but disappoint me. I am tired of giving you all so many chances and you do nothing but screw them up,” another one of the dogs claws came down and slashed my jaw all the way down to my shoulder. A hot burning sensation coursed through my jaw all the way down to my neck.

I bit my bottom lip and blood seeped into my mouth. This was worse; this was a lot worse than when Keegan did it. It felt like my flesh was peeling. I writhed in pain because it was all I could do. I couldn’t speak.

I tried to pull my arm free but I couldn’t even feel it anymore. I heard the sounds of bones cracking but I felt nothing anymore.

“Alright, that is enough Loki,” Mrs. Bellows order. The dog let go of my arms and ran back to his corner. “Mason, you are to go back to your room.” She said before she walked off and closed the door behind her. "Don't expect anyone to help you."

Minutes later, I was still on the floor and the pain was gradually coming to me. By the grace of some unseen forces, I was able to stand. My left arm hung limp at my side. Blood seeped around my shoulder blade and dripped to the floor. I got to the door then opened it.

I began walking back to my room with a half ripped dress and blood dripping from my body. My vision was blurred and my footing was shaking. I had to walk along the wall to keep from falling. I could hear gasping and murmuring from all the girls in the hallway. Some of them were even shaking their head either out of pity or because they thought I was ignorant. They all dispersed as I walked through them.

My dress hung loosely from my shoulder and I kept trying to retain some dignity by pulling it up. Tears stung my eyes and rolled down my cheek. My muscles felt tight and worn out and I knew it wouldn’t be long until I collapsed. When I had finally reached my door, I shoved the key in and fell inside.

I slowly got up off the floor and limped to the bathroom. I looked at my left shoulder. My skin was purple and red and bulks of it were peeled off my bone. I turned on the faucet and didn’t bother to wait for the tub to fill up I fell in the tub in fetal position. I cried until the water rose higher and was staring to get into my nose. I stayed like that for hours in lukewarm water. Once the pain had leveled, I somehow pulled myself out of the tube standing. With each step I took, pain would shoot through my body. I limped to my dresser and pulled off my ripped, bloodied clothes and slipped on my pink nightgown the school had provided.

It felt so good next to my skin. Blood was still seeping through, but I didn’t care. I lay on my bed and looked up at the ceiling; I could almost hear Noah’s voice before I finally passed out.