"Am I missing something?"

Carmen

This is why I hate these games.

Everyone looks much more interested than they should when Niall dares Harry to kiss me. I've learned by now that the guys all know that we slept together a few weeks ago, but they have also observed us since then. After Harry's proposition for a peace treaty on Liam's behalf things have been more normal between us. We aren't quite friends, but we're friendly enough that we don't bicker all the time anymore. There's nothing going on, so I don't get what the big deal is.

When I look over at Harry he's basically stabbing Niall with his mind. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. It's just one kiss and we've done a lot more than that.

"What?" Niall asks innocently. He smiles at both of us and leans back against the couch, just waiting.

"Am I missing something?" I ask finally. Everyone's eyes stick to me and I look over at Harry. He looks confused now. "What's the big deal?"

Harry blinks a few times in surprise and looks around for a moment before he answers me. "Umm...nothing, I guess."

"Aright, then." I'm trying to make this as nonchalant as possible, since clearly to everyone else this is the worst dare in the world. Harry is already sitting beside me, so all he'd have to do is lean over and kiss me.

But that's not what he does. Instead he gets on his knees and plants a hand on either side of me on the couch I'm leaning against, so his face is slightly above mine. I raise my eyebrows in question, but he just smiles and leans towards me. I sigh as I close my eyes, and he pauses right before our lips touch. For a moment I think he might change his mind and sit back down, but then he does it.

A million butterflies find their way to my stomach when Harry kisses me. His lips are soft, gentle against mine, but then they part ever so slightly and he leans towards me more, more pressure behind the kiss. I have a strange urge to curl my fingers into his hair, but then I remember there's other people so I have to force my arms to remain at my sides. His tongue grazes my bottom lip before he finally pulls back.

I can barely hear the suggestive noises and remarks from the rest of the group as I watch Harry sit back down, a small but triumphant smile on his face. His cheeks are rosy and when he leans back against the couch and bends his knees so his legs are closer to his chest, I can see the his chest is rising and falling a little faster than normal. My heart is pounding so loud they can probably all hear it. I wasn't expecting that at all.

When Harry looks at me I quickly look away, taking a large sip of my drink. Everyone is still staring at me, all smiling.

"What?" I ask as calmly as possible.

"Your turn," Niall says, laughing as he does.

"Oh. Right. Umm...Ivy."

We continue playing the game, but I barely take notice. Instead I find myself putting all my energy into not looking at Harry, even though I desperately want to. My body has never responded that way to a guy kissing me. Ever. I felt like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest and the nervous feeling in my stomach...I'm not even sure what that was.

Nothing. I decided. It's nothing. Just...something weird. That I ate. Yeah, that makes sense.

When everyone decides the game is boring we start another movie. The guys didn't know what Safe Haven was, so with a laugh from Ivy and small smile from myself we put it in. They soon realized that it was a romance, but they let us keep watching anyway.