29

"It's pretty obvious that we aren't just friends, don't you think?"

Harry

England. The cold and the rain and the European houses are all very familiar to me, and it almost makes me feel like a different person. When I'm here without any of the boys, it almost makes me forget about my life in South Carolina. Almost. It would be a lot easier if I didn't have Carmen here with me. And if we weren't currently making out in the back seat of my car, which I leave with a friend in London while I'm away.

"Harry, wait, wait," Carmen mumbles against my lips. Both of us are breathing fast and I give her about half an inch of space to tell me whatever it is she'd like to tell me. But she doesn't say anything, so I just kiss her again. She seems like she wants to stop me for about a second, but then her hands knot into my hair and her legs wrap tighter around my waist and I take that as encouragement to continue. For some reason her being here with me...it makes me want her more. Probably because her coming is a sign that I'm not wasting my time; she wouldn't agree to spend Christmas with my family if she planned on ending things with me, right? I have some security now and it makes me want so much more.

My jeans are really fucking uncomfortable right now and when Carmen lifts her hips to push the against mine I groan. I feel her smile against my mouth and kiss her harder. She whimpers slightly and I grind my hips against her again. Her hands slide down my chest and around to my back, fisting the material of my shirt and pulling me down even more. There's never been this much desperation between us, and it's a little funny to me that it's happening right before she meets my mother.

"Okay, stop," she mutters again.

"What's wrong?"

She takes a few deep breaths and puts her hands on my arms. "I don't want to meet your family looking like we just had sex or something."

I laugh a little, since we were both thinking about the same thing. It's not like we were going to have sex right now, so it wouldn't- wait. Were we? Her lips are red and swollen and I'm sure mine are too, her hair sprawled across the leather seat since I pulled it out of the ponytail she had it in. I can't even really remember how we got back here...I pulled over into an empty parking lot to check something, who knows what, and here we are. The car isn't running but I am far from cold.

"I don't really want to see my mum with a hard on, either," I reply. She laughs and rolls her eyes.

"At least you didn't give me a hickey this time."

"This time," I repeat slyly. "Next time you might not be so lucky."

"You'll be lucky if I let you touch me in your mother's house."

"What? Why?" Okay, that sounded a little more wounded than I intended.

"Because," she laughs. "You...make noises and I don't want her to hear us or walk in on us or whatever."

"I make noises?" I repeat, laughing.

"Yeah, you do. Sex noises. I mean I think it's hot, but your family may not agree so let's just keep that to a minimum, okay?" She smiles and gently pushes her fingers through my hair, my cheeks a tinge red and her smile making my body tingle.

"I'm sure they'll leave us alone sometimes," I say. "What about then?"

"I'll think about it" She lifts her head to kiss me once more, soft and gentle this time, a promise for more. "Okay. Time to go."

"Fine, fine."

"Stop," I laugh, pulling Carmen's fingers away from her teeth for the hundredth time in the last twenty minutes. "Don't be so nervous."