20

" I want something that says 'I'm here to have fun but not to drink and not to pick up any guys because I'm not really but sort of taken'. "

Carmen

"That's new," I hear Niall say behind us. Harry takes my hand and leads me over to the chair he was sitting on. For once my cheeks don't heat and when Harry pulls me onto his lap I actually feel confident about this. My arm loops around his neck and he smiles up at me.

"So, are you all coming to my game tomorrow?" I ask, looking at the group.

"Only if you pay for us," Louis says. Ivy hits him. "What? I'm broke, I'm a student."

"It's free for students," I tell them. I look at Harry. "Wait, is it?"

"No," he laughs. "It's only five dollars, though. Instead of fifteen."

"So basically free." I look back at everyone. "So who's coming?"

"I am!" Harry shouts, putting his hand up. I laugh and look back over at him, a goofy grin on his face. He drops his hand and it lands on my leg. "What?"

"We'll all go," Zayn says. "We don't have anything else to do. And we can go out afterwards."

"Well I can't drink but I'll go with you guys," I say.

When I suddenly stand up again everyone looks confused, especially Harry. I just came to see him quickly, but I really do need to sleep. I really wanted to see him. When I got home this morning and he was gone I was freaking out. Then I didn't hear from him all day and it really did scare me and I needed to...I don't even know. I just had to come here.

"You're leaving already?" Harry asks, following me to the door.

When I lean back against the door he puts his hand beside my head, blocking my view of the rest of the group. His hair is really slicked back today, more than usual. Probably from him running his fingers through it.

"I have a game tomorrow," I remind him.

"You could sleep here," he says quietly. My heart starts hammering and I look down at his chest, my cheeks warm with the inappropriate things running through my mind.

"Your bed is tiny," I say quietly.

"You know, small beds may be a little inconvenient, but I don't think we need that much space," he continues. I laugh nervously and look down at the ground. Harry places his thumb and finger around my chin to tilt my eyes back up to his. "Stay?"

Have I ever wanted to do anything more? Probably not. But I know that it's not a good idea. We'd end up talking for a while and I wouldn't be able to stop my heart from racing and being so close on such a small bed would just make for a bad combination.

"I can't."

"I'll sleep on the floor," he suggests. I laugh and he smirks, his eyes flickering to my lips. A huge part of me, most of me actually, doesn't want to leave. Who would want to leave someone like him?

"Goodnight, Harry." I force myself to open the door, pushing Harry back a little so I can move. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

He sighs. "Fine."

"Don't act so wounded," I tease, stepping back. He looks at the group and follows me onto the porch. "Where are you going?"

"Relax, I'm not following you. I just want to kiss you."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh." He laughs, putting his hands on my waist. All the confidence I had earlier has fled and now it's like we've never done anything, despite the fact he slept in my bed last night. I don't know what it is about Harry, but I'm always so nervous around him. His crooked smile makes my knees week and he rubs his nose against mine. It makes me laugh, the playful gesture not anticipated but perfect for calming my nerves a little bit.