"I don't like that."

Harry

Fuck. Me. Seriously, this is not okay. Carmen goes to all this trouble to throw this party and she looks so fucking hot. She's got these pants that come up an inch or two below her belly button but her top doesn't start until an inch or two above it and I've been adjusting myself all night to avoid a really embarrassing situation. I love that she did this for me, I really do, but with the way she's looking I would much rather be alone with her right now.

"Harry!"

"Hmm?" I look back at Zayn and he laughs, his arm around Mel's waist. She shakes her head at me. "What did you say?"

"I can't watch you drool over her anymore," Mel says. "It's actually painful. Why can't you just go over there and kiss her?"

"Because we're friends and I can't."

"She's been staring at you just as much."

"She has?" I ask, smiling like a fucking twat. Mel rolls her eyes.

"Everyone knows you two still like each other," Zayn says. "What's the point of this friend thing?"

"The point is...it's to...fuck, I don't know but it's going good so I'm not fucking it up."

"Who's she talking to?" Mel asks, standing on her tiptoes to try to overcome her incredible shortness.

"I don't-" Oh fuck no. "That's fucking Travis."

"Travis Dealey? The basketball player?"

"That's the one."

"How does she know him?"

"Something about tampons," I mutter. They both stare at me like I have two heads. "I don't know."

Before they can ask more questions I'm wading through the giant crowd of people to get to her. Travis comes into my sight and my blood starts to boil a tiny bit. He's a douchebag and one of the biggest players I know. It couldn't have been him buying shit for his girlfriend because the closest Travis gets to girlfriends is one night stands. And by the way he's looking at Carmen right now I know exactly who he wants his next one to be.

"Hey!" Carmen says when I walk up to her. My arms slides around her shoulder and despite what's probably wise I kiss her cheek. "Wow, okay. Hi?"

"This is great," I tell her. "Thanks for the party."

"It's not lame?" she asks, crinkling up her nose.

"No! It's definitely not lame. Everyone's having fun."

"Good." She smiles and looks at Travis. Fucking Travis. "Harry, you know Travis, right?"

"Yeah, we know each other," he says. "Happy birthday, man."

"I'm sure that's why you're here," I say sarcastically, keeping my arm around Carmen. He smiles his dickweed smile and I want to drag Carmen away from this tool. Why is she even talking to him anyway?

"I need to talk to you about something," I tell Carmen. "Alone."

"Umm..okay. Sorry, Travis."

"Come find me later," he says. She smiles at him and I cover her hand with mine to tug her away. She's not going to finding him fucking later. Fuck.

"Harry, what's going on?" she asks. I pull her upstairs without a word and take out the key to my bedroom. There's people up here making out and trying to get into rooms but we all have locks for that very reason. As soon as it's open I tug her inside, shutting the door and not bothering with the lights. My breathing is heavy and suddenly I don't know what I'm doing.