62

"He's not the same person to me anymore."

Carmen

Torture. The only way I can describe the last few days is with that word. I've been wallowing in my breakup with Harry ever since I left his house and it's been complete hell. Liam's been coming by as much as possible to try and keep me occupied, but nothing works. I can study my ass off and watch all the horror movies I want, but nothing helps. He is all I can think about.

The only positive here is that my Dad is coming home tonight. I don't know when, but I got a phone call earlier to let me know that it wouldn't be long. I've barely slept since I broke up with Harry, but now my body is alive and completely on edge waiting for my father.

"I can't eat any more ice cream," Liam says, placing his empty carton on the table. "I think I might explode."

"Do you want to stay here tonight?"

"Why?"

"I don't know. If I'm alone waiting for my Dad I might go crazy," I explain. I lay my head down on his lap and he flips through the channels on the TV.

"If you want I can stay 'til he gets here, but I don't think I should sleep here. You know Harry would flip out."

His name makes me feel like throwing up. "Right."

"Go ahead. Ask me."

"Ask you what?"

Liam looks down at me and rests his arm across the back of the couch. I always forget that he knows me so well and sometimes it's actually annoying. There was only one person I thought new me like that, but apparently I was wrong.

"You want to ask about Harry," he clarifies.

"No I don't," I mutter.

"He's miserable." That shouldn't make me happy but it does a little bit. He better be as miserable as I am because it's all his fault. "He hasn't left the house since the other night. He shattered his phone against the wall when you didn't answer his calls. It was actually kind of funny, he almost hit Niall."

"Wait, he's going to go to his finals, right?" I ask, looking up at him again. Liam sighs and scratches the back of his head.

"Yeah, we'll drag him if we have to."

"I know I shouldn't care, but-"

"I get it," he says gently. "Trust me, I get it. It might...don't get mad, but it might help him if you talk to him."

"I can't," I say immediately, standing up from the couch. Seeing him... I just can't. It was hard enough to walk away but I can't be that girl. I refuse to be the girl that goes back to someone that would cheat. Maybe we weren't technically together, but I didn't think it needed to be said that he shouldn't be fucking around with other girls.

"He fucked up, we all know that. Harry knows that. He's been kicking himself for it ever since it happened, but-"

"You knew?" I spin around to face him. "You knew and you didn't tell me?!"

"No! No, I didn't know until you did, but Lou told me about it and...I'm not saying you should forgive him, okay?" He stands up to hug me. "I want to kill him for this, you know."

"I do too," I mutter, trying not to cry. I've cried too much about this. "I thought it would work this time, I thought...he wasn't supposed to do this."

"Are you really done with him, though?"

"Of course." I step back from him and carry our dishes to the sink.