"Because it scares me."

Carmen

"Harry!" I yell, running up the path to the boys' house. "Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry!" I run through the door and kick my shoes across the room, waving to the people in the living room as I run for the stairs. "Harry!"

Where in the fuck is that boy! When I burst into his room he's not there and he's not in the bathroom so I run back downstairs to ask the rest of the group. They all just stare at me and I almost trip over myself when I get to the back of the couch.

"Where's Harry? Have you guys seen Harry?"

"I'm Harry." And there he is, sitting on the other couch with his hand raised. He laughs and stands up while I run over to him. "Which drugs are you on right now?"

"He's coming home!" I shout, throwing my arms around Harry's neck. He stumbles back a little and laughs, putting his arms around my back.

"That's great! But...who are we talking about?"

"My Dad!" I look at him again and he raises his eyebrows, my hands against his face. "My Dad's coming home."

"Baby, that's amazing," he says, squeezing my hips. "When does he get back?"

"I don't know, it'll probably take a few days but...but he's coming home."

"Hold the phone," Niall says. "Why is this such a big deal?"

"Because I haven't seen him since October. I'm so excited!" I kiss Harry and he laughs as I turn around and collect my shoes. "I need to go clean the apartment."

"What?" He follows me to the door. "Why?"

"Because I just need to, it has to be ready. And I need to restock the fridge and...and you definitely need to get all your shit out of my room because my Dad is not going to like seeing your boxers on my floor."

"Well why can't- wait, you're leaving now?" he asks, wrapping his fingers around my arm as I step onto the porch. I turn around to face him and he slides his other hand over my waist. "I thought you said it'd be a few days."

"Yeah, but if I don't keep myself busy then I'll just think about it too much and I'll go crazy," I explain. He gets a stupidly cute smirk on his face. "What."

"Nothing, it's just I can think of a better way to keep yourself distracted."

"Oh yeah?" I loop my arms around his neck. "What might that be?"

"It definitely involves more of my clothes on your floor," he says, leaning down to kiss me. As soon as his lips touch mine I slide one of my hands over his cheek, my second favourite place; it's hard to put my fingers in his hair when he's got it in a bun. And then his tongue is in my mouth and my body is tight against his and when I try to step back so I can breath he just steps with me until my back is against the post. I get a tiny breath in before his lips are back on mine and I really wish we weren't on his front porch.

"Carm- okay! Seriously?"

Harry stops kissing me and looks slightly to the right, a small smile on his face while he takes a deep breath. When I look over his shoulders at Liam and my face gets more flushed than it already was. I push Harry back a little and he chuckles.

"You know people can see you out here, right?" Liam asks.

"What's up?" I ask running my hand over my bottom lip.

"I need to talk to you about something."

"Okay, what is it?"

"No like..." He looks at Harry. "Later."