"We're glad she has you."

Harry

"Harry, we've been in here for way too long."

I laugh and stop kissing Carmen's neck so I can look at her. Her cheeks are flushed and her hair is a mess and her lips are darker than they normally are.

"That would be your cue to get off me," she whispers. However her arm is still around me, the other resting on my lower back. She doesn't seem to want me to go anywhere so I guess I'll just stay put.

"Here's the thing. I don't think you really want me to move."

"Even if that was true, we don't really have a choice. We came in here to get changed and it's been like..." She looks at the clock and then gasps. "Harry! It's been twenty minutes!"

"Oh, come on. They're talking to the babysitter and getting ready themselves, they probably aren't waiting."

"But if they are waiting then it's going to be really awkward." She quickly pecks my lips and then pushes against my chest. "Time to get dressed."

"You didn't even finish getting undressed," I remind her. It's cute that she thinks she can push me away. Carmen rolls her eyes and resorts to putting her hands against my face to push me off that way. "This is unnecessary."

"Harry," she whines. "Stop assaulting me."

"Assaulting you?" She lets her arms fall above her head against the pillows, which really doesn't help me at all. Being here this week has meant that she barely lets me touch her because apparently that's weird when her little brothers are in the house. "If I remember correctly, you're the one that started kissing me."

"Well...shut up." When I laugh she rolls her eyes again. "Okay, seriously. We need to get ready."

"Carmen, five minutes is not going to make a difference. Come on, I'm going crazy over here watching you run around in these little shorts all the time. It's really not fair."

For the zillionth time in the last two minutes she rolls her eyes but now she's smiling too. When there are no other words of protest I lean down to kiss her. It takes a few seconds for her to respond, but she sighs as she finally does, her fingers curling into my hair. This is fun, these times when she pretty much lets me do whatever. She doesn't relinquish control completely very often, but when she does it's definitely enjoyable.

And then it's over. Without warning I'm flipped onto my back and Carmen places one hand on my cheek, the other on my chest and sliding up to my shoulder. She uses that as an anchor to slide her body against mine and my fingertips press hard into her hips in response. And then it's really over because she rolls right off me and climbs off the bed.

"Time to get dressed," she says simply. She disappears into her giant closet and I'm left breathing heavy and ridiculously turned on.

"That was mean!" I call to her. I hear her laugh and close my eyes, taking deep breaths to try to calm myself down a little bit.

When I finally do get up to get dressed Carmen is standing in the closet in only her bra and jeans. And fuck. Just...fuck.

"Gale bought me this one yesterday," Carmen says quietly. She holds up a hanger with a black dress hanging from it. My arms wind around her from behind and she sighs. "Do you think I should wear it?"

"I love you," I whisper in her ear. She turns her head towards me and her fingers lightly trace my cheek. "You should wear it."

"What are you going to wear?"