27

"You're growing on me."

Harry

I'm not saying I'm nervous but...yeah. I'm fucking nervous. Is there any other way to feel when you're finally going on a date with the girl you've been whatever the hell I've been doing with Carmen for like three months? No. It's fine, probably normal. Although, the way my heart is flying inside my chest right now probably isn't normal. That is probably borderline heart attack.

I finally knock on the door and I hear two voices bickering for a minute before Ivy opens it.

"You're still here?" I ask her.

"We didn't spend the whole day getting ready," she says, rolling her eyes. She steps to the side so I can go in. "We watched a movie and did some other stuff. Not important. You look nice, by the way."

I opted for a a blazer-type jacket, which is black, and this dark red and black striped shirt. And black jeans, but I always wear those.

"Thanks. Carmen is here, right?"

"Yeah, she's just being stubborn. Hold on, I'll get her."

She walks over to Carmen's room and closes herself in with her. I hope she's not being stubborn because of me. When I hear Ivy say something about her being hopeless I figure it has more to do with wardrobe.

"I'm not wearing heels!" Carmen shouts, suddenly swinging the door open. "Heels aren't going to make the night better, you freak."

"They complete the look I imagined in my head," Ivy says hotly. She huffs and puts her purse around her shoulder, putting her hands on Carmen's shoulders. "Have fun. Use protection. Don't mess up your hair."

"Get out," Carmen laughs. "Thanks, Ivy."

"You kids have fun," she sings, smiling as she walks by me and out of the apartment. The half of Carmen I could see disappears again. For the first time in a while I feel a little out of place in this apartment and with her. I'm not used to that anymore.

"Sorry," she says, stepping out of her room. She puts the longs strap of her purse over her shoulder. "Ready?"

My mouth falls open when I realize what she's wearing. Black dress, black leather jacket, black shoes, really faintly black sheer tights. I'm not even....wow.

"Harry." I look up at her face again and this time I'm the one blushing. Carmen smiles and slowly walks towards me again. Thank the fucking heavens she didn't wear heels. It would be too much. "Are you okay?"

"What?" I clear my throat and nod my head, pushing my fingers through my hair. "Yeah, yeah. I'm good, yeah."

"Yeah?" she teases. She reaches forward and smooths out the collar of my jacket, tugging on it a little. "You look handsome. Very sophisticated."

"You look really hot," I blurt. She raises her eyebrows and laughs a little. Fuck. "I mean- shit."

She laughs again and puts her arms around my neck. "You're adorable when you're nervous."

"Caught on to that, did you?"

"A little."

"I actually brought you something. I didn't want Ivy to see them and tease me, so I left them out in the hall."

She releases me so I can head back out there, and when I step back in with the bundle of flowers she smiles widely. First dates, right? Have to do them right, I guess.

"No one's ever gotten me flowers before," she murmurs as I step in front of her again. She takes them and looks up at me shyly, batting her eyelashes. "Thank you."