30

"What do you want for Christmas?"

Carmen

It's about three in the afternoon when I wake up, still beside Harry who is sleeping quite soundly. It takes me a moment to figure out where I am and why I'm so exhausted; must be the jet lag. Harry's house...it's strange to be here, where he grew up. It's a whole other part of his life that I didn't have a way to see before, and now it's all right in front of me. It's terrifying, but in a good way. Now that I realize his mother isn't going to hate me I feel a little more at ease.

That is, until I realize Christmas is three days away and I haven't gotten any gifts yet, including Harry's. I don't even know where I could go for shops here. Plus, the whole driving on the other side of the road thing probably wouldn't end well if I tried to go on my own. The last thing I want is to crash someone's car my first day here.

Harry's grip actually tightens when I try to move, and it's not until I pry his fingers from my arm and lift his arm from my body that I can escape. He mumbles something incoherently and my hand goes to my mouth to stifle a giggle. When he turns onto his side and sighs I take that as my chance, being as quiet as I can when I dig through my suitcase to find something to wear. I wasn't expecting to have my own bathroom here, but it's amazing. And it's absolutely gorgeous with all modern finishes and expensively soft towels. They're even hanging on one of those heated racks so they're already warm, and the tiles have heating underneath so they're warm as well. It's like a palace in this place.

The lock on the door is one for an engineer, though, so I decide to just take my chances and leave it unlocked. The shower is one of the ones you step into but doesn't have a door, a tiled wall separating it from the rest of the bathroom. I like that; I don't like it when I can see myself showering in the mirror. It's weird.

After a long, hot shower and with a warm fluffy towel secured around my torso I look through all the expensive toiletries that have been left in here. Did Anne buy these for me? I hope not, I've never even heard of half the products, nevermind knowing what they're used for. I pull on my jeans and bra, but my curiosity gets the best of me and I forget about my shirt. When I'm applying some sort of face cream to my skin the door opens and I jump; Harry steps in and his eyes go wide when he sees me.

"I uhh..." He clears in throat and finally looks up at my face. "Sorry. I didn't think you were in here."

"Well...I am."

"I see that."

He stands there for a moment, just staring at me like I'm more naked than I actually am. He looks back into the bedroom and then steps inside, shutting and locking the door without even looking.

"How did you do that?" I ask. "That lock is weird."

"No it isn't," he laughs. "But I don't think it would be in my best interest to show you how to lock this door."

"Harry."

He smiles and stops directly beside me, my body still turned towards the mirror with the face stuff in my hand. He gently takes it away and sets it on the marble countertop, then slides up behind me and puts his arms around my waist, skin bare. My cheeks are warm as he kisses my cheek, then my neck, then my neck again and again and again until my eyes flutter closed and my body leans back into him. He starts sucking on a spot below my ear and I instantly jab him in the stomach with my elbow.

"Don't," I scold, smiling at him in the mirror. "No hickeys."

"Fine," he says, rolling his eyes. "What about in places my mum can't see?"