11

Days and weeks dragged on and my days became very busy. I also get home late because i had to be in the coffee shop too late. Kaylah was busy in her modeling career. There she goes again. She was asking me to go with her but i dont really wanna travel here and there. I dont wanna stress out myself so i told her im fine staying here. Moe and I was getting way better and as the days went on, my feelings for him was deeper but still couldn't verbalized those three words to him.

"Hi Juls!" Surprisingly, Kev came.

"Hey Kev! Why are you here?"

"Kaylah wants me to pick you up," he came near me and confusion was written all over my face.

"I told her im not coming," i sighed.

"She wants you to come. But alright, tonight will be a mini show. Will you come tomorrow instead? It's a huge fashion runway. Like huge, huge, Juls," he said emphasizing every word. I sighed again to surrender.

"Alright, pick me up tomorrow afternoon. But i want to be home before 8 in the evening," i've decided to go show support to my best friend as she lead the runway tomorrow for a huge clothing brand in the country. I usually go before and stay with her wherever the venue was but it was too tiring. I was doing nothing all throughout the day and night and it was really exhausting. Also, i easily get bored.

"Yes!!!!" he shouted happily and gave me a hug. He kissed my cheeks and said thank you a hundred more times.

Aba eh, pareho silang makulit. At paulit ulit.

"Now, get out of my sight. Customers are coming in," ugh! Why do they need coffee right now? Its too hot and......

Sure it was raining.

"Bye, baby sis! See you tomorrow!" i heard Kev shouted as he walked in a sea of people.

"Whatever," i muttered under my breathe and started working again.

Smiling big, i asked, "Hi, may i ask your order?"

....and the routine went on and on and on.

It was 10 when i asked Robi to close the shop. Im too tired and i wanna get home and sleep. But when i was on my way home, i saw Jak-jak and Keren along the way.

They were both wet and shivering under the supermarket shed. I run towards them and asked what they needed.

"Anong ginagawa niyo dito?" i worriedly asked.

"Hinihintay po kasi namin si nanay at tatay, Ate Julie," Keren tried to open her mouth and i barely did not understand.

"Pero umuulan. Halika na muna kayo sa loob ng mall," i asked them and helped them to stand when a big guy who happens to be wearing a white and black clothes, yes the security guard, came to us and tried to stop us.

"I swear if you dont get out of my way, im gonna kill you," i warned him but i did not wait for any of his response. We went to the nearby bathroom and i asked them to wait for me.

I rushed in to the kids store to buy jackets, pants, shirts, shoes, kids underwear and umbrellas. Good thing i had my card with me, its easy to swipe it in since i do not really carry a penny with me.

"Salamat," i heard the cashier mumbled and i smiled as i stormed out of the store and headed inside the bathroom.

"Hey!" I saw Jak-jak hugging his shaking little sister. I undress them both and changed their wet clothes into a clean and thick wear to cool them down. I dont care what they think of me now as passerby looked at me in a strange way.

"Keren, you feeling good now?" i asked anxiously as i held her face. I felt her nod and i sighed. Jak-jak started to calm down too and so i brought them to a quiet restaurant on the third floor and ordered bowls of soup.

"Ate Julie, wala po kaming pambayad ng kapatid ko dito," i heard Jak-jak say and i almost cried infront of him.

"Kilala ko yung may ari nito! Pwede tayong kumain ng kahit ano!" i all smile lied, well a white lie, just to make him feel relaxed and not bother about the bill. He is too young to think about all these kind of stuff.

There was a beautiful smile on his face when he amusingly asked, "talaga po?" i nodded for a several times and the food was served. I started feeding them and Keren was all smile looking at me. I happily watched them both eat their own food as i started asking them these and that about their favorites to lighten up the night. They giggly shared stories about their family and i was envious on how they were raised tight in their relationship. After a moment, they told me that they have to be downstairs then because they might miss their parents. I asked them to wait for me outside the restaurant so i could secretly pay the bill and i hurriedly went back to them. True, as soon as we get to the sliding door of the mall to exit, they saw their nanay and tatay with an anxious looks.

"Nay! Tay!" they run into their parents' open arms waiting for them for a comforting embrace. How lucky these kids were.

"Aaaay! Miss Julie, salamat po ha? Nako Ma'am, napakabait niyo po talaga," then there was Nanay Belen stepped to give me a warm hug. I hugged her back and said it was nothing and i told her i was lucky to have seen the two and saved them from the heavy rain.

"Nanay Belen, wag na po ninyo akong tatawaging Ma'am," i told her.

"Ehh pero..."

"Wag na po. Gusto niyo po bang kumain muna tayo?" I asked without letting go of her hand. Her caressed was very soothing and relaxing and caring. I wonder if it's the same with Mom.

Shaking her head, she declined my request and told me they had dinner at work. So since it's almost midnight and the rain stopped, i decided to walk home.

• • •

"Hi love," I was greeted by a very calm and whispering voice from Moe as i tiredly crawled onto the bed and cuddled with him.

He kissed my lips quickly and i rested my head on his chest as i whispered, "hi."

He started stroking my hair and his warm palm started to calm me.

"So somebody is too tired today," he whispered then pressed his lips to my forehead. I nodded and he felt it.

"Do you wanna go eat dinner? I mean its midnight, are you hungry?" he asked and i simply shook my head.

"Im not. Im just too tired and sleepy. Can i just cuddle with you?" i wrapped my arm around his waist and buried my face into his chest as i heard him giggle.

"Alright, it's time to sleep, goodnight," he kissed my hair and i smiled with my eyes closed,

"Goodnight."

I remained silent and still for a moment to focus on his beating heart and the silence around us. And as he was stroking my hair carefully, my eyes started to give up and fall and then i heard him whispered,

"I miss you."