31

...My doctor and nurses kept checking on me; focused. The pain is bearable and i know im doing so fine. I was tapping the side of my stomach waiting for the sign to go on.

And true, after not so long minutes, the battle between life and death began.

The pain was all over me and i cant even describe how it was breaking me. I heard my doctor asking me to push harder, breathe and wait. And in a one full shot, i felt pain slipped out, a beautiful creature sees the world.

There goes my daughter and there goes the most beautiful sound i have ever heard today; her loud cry.

A tear slipped from my eyes and it was tears of joy for sure. I smiled as they placed her on top of me, in between my breasts. And then there goes the very excited Tita Terry holding a camera, documenting life of our little me.

"I love you, love," i cried and kissed her cheeks before they get her. Tita Terry gave me a congratulatory embrace and i was relieved.

"You did it so smoothly and bravely, nak," she whispered and i smiled.

Zach came in too and kissed my forehead. I shared a weak smile as i started getting dizzy but i know i shouldn't be sleeping right away.

• • •

I really really had a good sleep and rest and when i opened my eyes, there was my baby love peacefully sleeping. They told us we can be discharge by tomorrow since everything is delivered normally and nothing is wrong about my little love.

Tita Terry came to show her to me and i finally held her in my strong arms.

I smiled as i remember Kaylah. Oh Kaylah. I missed her so much.

"Tita, will you please hand me over my phone?" I asked and Tita gave me my mobile as i shakily dialed Kaylah's number.

She answered sleepily on the third ring.

Yawning, i heard her say, "I love you."

Is she still dreaming or something?

"Well my daughter says she loves you too," I chuckled after a split second of dead silence and then i heard a scream on the other line.

"OH MY GOD! MY ANAK IS OUT! WHY DIDNT YOU CALLED RIGHT AWAY?" and there she goes with her screaming slash scolding voice again.

"Sorry. I was too focused on her, i didnt even remember informing you i was already in a labor. But here i am now," i laughed softly and quietly avoiding to wake my baby love up.

"That's okay. Hold on a sec," she said breathlessly as i heard a tapping sound.

"What are you doing?" my forehead creased.

"Fack, im shaking. Quiet there. Im booking online. I have to see my anak ASAP!" she said in her gigil tone and that made me really laugh hard this time.

"Booked. Oh my God. Okay can i talk to my anak before i pack?" she asked. Baliw forever my bestfriend.

"Im on a loudspeaker now," i said.

"Hi anak, Tita Mom will see you tomorrow. Wait for me there. Im excited to see you. I just booked a flight and thankfully saw an extra seat flying in hours. Anak, i love you so much," and then there was a smack sound created on the other line.

"Alright, you done?" I asked. She owned my daughter too. I couldnt help but smile and tear up realizing and remembering how my best friend gave a full support on me. Us.

"I love you, Juls. See you," without waiting for my answer, she dropped the call right away.

She has to hurry up packing her stuffs if she doesnt wanna miss her flight.

Finally, im going to see my bestfriend tomorrow!

• • •

I had a good moment with my daughter for a few hours and im emotionally happy as i held her tiny hands and watch them.

"Hi Nak," my ever greatest Tita came in with tons of food.

"Hi tita, thank you po," I gave her a beautiful smile as she sat down beside me watching my daughter sleep then all of a sudden she asked....

"Nak, what will you name her?"

"Ephemy. Ephemy Mickaelle, Tita," i smiled and another set of tears came rushing from my eyes gushing down my cheeks.

"It's perfect. It perfectly fits her."

And with that, we shared a nice smile watching our baby munchkin as she sleeps so so soundly.