27

I was a little busy on my pinterest and i got myself hooked with it again and i havent visited my page since i moved into my cabin. I was pinning house decors again and looking for a nice interior so when i fly to San Diego or Texas or San Francisco or Los Angeles, it wouldnt be that hard to recreate and redesign the house or apartment i'd be buying or renting.

I took my time looking for designs and details when i remember something.

I checked my email and called Tita Mila immediately.

"Hello, this is Mila San Jose, how can i help you?" she greeted formally since i knew my number isnt registered to her phone apparently.

"Tita, this is Julie, hi," i said nervously.

"Oh God. Julie. It's good you called. I cant contact you and im too worried about you," she sighed and i took a deep breath as i speak again.

"Sorry, tita, i havent called for months to update but im super okay that you have nothing to worry about. Im actually here in Paris having a grand vacation with Kaylah," i giggled as i excitedly pretend to tell that.

"Good for you. Let me know when you are coming back, okay?"

"Copied, Tita. And i just wanna ask something," i took another deep breath.

"Ano yun, anak?"

"Tita, saan nga po yung bahay ni Dad sa States?" i bravely asked.

"Oh. He got a lot and still well maintained since your Mom was taking care of those," she started and i didnt expect she'd be saying something about Mom's involvement.

"Oh yeah? But is there any other place where i can stay somewhere if ever i wanted to go?" I pushed that. Of course im gonna choose the place where no one is involved but me and Dad.

"Uhmmm, wait, i'll check something," i heard her say and then her computer started beeping before she could speak again.

"There. There's one little house that your Dad own somewhere in Auckland."

Auckland.

"Okay. Tell me more about it," i asked.

"Papers and records are clean but says Terry owns it. Aaaaah, your Tita Terry was there," she mumbled.

"Who's Tita Terry?" my brows met.

"Our cousin. She's one of your Dad's closest cousin ever. I think he gave the house and lot to her years ago before he passed away," she explained and i know it'll only confuse me if i ask more so i'll leave it all there.

"Please send me the exact location and information Tita and i'll take care of it," I said as i check an airline that could take me to the place i wanna go and luckily, it did not take me the whole day to find it.

"I brought you milk," there came Kaylah with a glass of milk as i sign in to book myself a trip to Auckland.

"Thanks Kay," i smiled as i continue filling up the form for the further information.

"Ano yan?" Asked with her curious voice as she sat down right beside me.

I smiled as i paused and looked at her.

"I need to leave next month, Kay," I sighed.

"You cant. You said you're staying with us for two whole months," Her voice started to raise and i expected this.

"I know. I surely consider that. But it would be nice if i go early because i want you to have an alone time with Kev and since his bestfriend is..."

I was trying to at least explain to her that she won't be needing me anytime soon but she cut me suddenly in with such words i was least expecting.

"May kinalaman ba dito si Elmo?"

And then my jaw literally drop, everything around me froze, my heart almost stopped beating.

"May kinalaman ba dito si Elmo?"

She repeated and that's the moment i was done booking a flight.

"Kaylah..." i was shaking and so was my voice.

But the environment mood changes when i saw her lopsided sad smile.

"I remember when we went to his restaurant, i saw how he kissed you. How he cried in front of you. How he looked at you as you talk to his siblings, there was something in his eyes," and there exploded her words that i knew she has been keeping for the longest time and i had to admit to myself most especially that i was too surprised by Kay's confession.

"Kaylah," i attempted to begin but she sat closer and she held tightly my hand.

"I saw the pain written all over his face when you two were talking as if you're bidding him your last goodbye. I felt how strange it was to understand something that he himself couldnt get its meaning. Alam mo ba kung bakit alam ko yun?" She smiled sadly and i was just here listening intently to every word that comes out from her mouth.

"Kasi naiintindihan ko siya. Kasi bestfriend kita. Kasi nasa mundo mo ako. Kasi alam ko din yung kwento mo kahit hindi mo sabihin sa akin," she held my chin as she locked our gaze.

My tears are beginning to form in the corner of my eyes as i took a deep breath for the nth time and she went on...

"Alam kong natatakot kang sumugal. Pero nagpaparaya ka. Alam kong kaya mong lumaban, pero mahal mo siya. There's only one thing i cannot understand though," she then held my red cheeks as she wiped my tears away for it all suddenly raced down.

I waited for her and then she asked,

"Why do you keep running away?"