46

"Happy birthday, my love!" i whispered when Mielle is about to blow her 12 candles. Oh but we should've only put one since she cant blow hard yet. So mommy to the rescue, the visitors sang the happy birthday song and she happily clapped her hands as she watched them sing for her.

The party went on perfectly and successfully. The photobooth is my favorite. A polaroid is ready on the other side as well and a marker, so right after taking their pictures, they need to leave a message for my Mielle.

And the sweets station is a plus! The chocolate fountain is the best. I don't even know how they did it but it comes in three flavor.

I saw Mom and my Tita's and also Kev and Kay having so much fun. What funny was that, Kay and Kev was the first one to give messages for Mielle. Next was my Tita's and my Mom.

Everything went by so smoothly. I saw how happy Mielle was when she saw the kids trying to play with her. And then i remember him. It's sad to have not him around him today as his daughter turns one but i fully understand his situation right now. I wouldnt want to say about Mielle over the phone. I never imagined my confession to happen in that way. I knew he'd hate me for keeping Mielle away from him and im ready for that. Ot was my decision so i have to stand on my side.

Aaah, change thought.

"Alright, let's have the Mom on our mini stage now to give her message for our dear celebrant," and i heard an applause.

My turn.

"Hi everyone! First and foremost, salamat po sa pagpunta. I saw how happy Mielle is. Napakasaya niya," I smiled at everybody and i saw then smiling back at me.

"To my dearest Mielle, i love you always. Know that Mom will always be here for you," I was looking at her as i speak and my heart was melting when she smiled. I almost teared up there but i have to hold it back together.

I kept my message short and simple because i dont wanna cry infront of them. I sometimes gets too emo about this kind of stuff. Right after thank you's, i greeted one by one and thanked them for coming over. I heard a lot of see-you-again-soon and lots of well wishes for Mielle. Oh my heart. It's just too happy.

It was eight in the evening when we all gathered in the living roo. Kev left after the party for he has a meeting to attend to. I also thanked him for everything. I admit, Kev played a big part in my life too. I dont even know if i ever had surpassed every moment of my life without him and Kaylah.

"Anak, bakit pala hindi nakapunta si Elmo?" Mom asked. She already knew about Moe and Mielle and that is why it led to this convo as she remembers and noriced he wasnt around.

"Nag away ba kayo?" She asked worriedly as she started to massage my back.

"Thanks Ma," I whispered and looked at her.

And..

"Hindi po. Nasa hospital po kasi yung Lolo niya Ma. Hindi niya maiwan. Mas kailangan naman po siya doon," i said as an answer to her question.

"Sabagay," she agreed.

"Osige na. Maligo ka na dun. Alam kong pagod ka na," she tapped my shoulders and so i dragged myself and get to my room to shower.

After showering, i went down to check on Mielle. I think i heard her crying.

I was then on my pajama and so does everyone. What funny was that we all had almost the same pajama.

"Baby ko, what do you want? Tita Mom is here it's alright," I can hear Kaylah trying to shush and dance Mielle to sleep but she couldnt stop crying.

"Kanina pa namin pinapatahan pero iyak pa rin ng iyak," Tita Terry said and Tita Mila nodded.

"Hey love, Mommy is here. Come on, it's okay," and then i took her in my arms. She didnt stop crying but at her her cry went lower as i held her in my arms.

"Thanks Kay. She's still not stopping though," i said worriedly.

"Ilabas mo muna. Baka gusto lang magpahangin," I heard Tita Terry suggested and so i walked her outside.

"Look at the stars, love," i pointed the vast horizon and finally, she stopped crying.

I sat on the hammock and pulled her closer , her head on my chest as i started to swing us together.

"Anak, there are pretty constellations up there. Its just too funny but i used to name every stars that i see when i was a little. I and Daddy Lolo used to star gaze in the mountain," I began telling a story but i know i should cut it before i could cry. I miss the best guys of my life. Lolo. My dad. And Moe.

I sighed. I ran my hand back and forth on Mielle's arm as i started humming a lullaby for her while swinging. It feels really good that after a long and happy day, i get to spend this quiet time with her.

I knew there's a missing piece and act to complete this day but i should set that one aside for now.

I dont know how long have we been swinging here but when i knew Mielle fell asleep on top of me, i suddenly closed my eyes and fighting to fall asleep.

The breeze was too cool and i feel secure here. Im still conscious though. My hand running on Mielle's body as i continuously swing us together.

My body is about to shut and ready to fall in a sleep but suddenly, i heard a voice.

A voice that i've been missing.

A warm lips touches my forehead.

"Love," he called.

Wait.

Am i dreaming? Or what?

"Love," He repeated.

Oh my God.