47

I slowly opened my eyes and wishing this was a dream. But when his lips landed on my forehead, i knew that it's real. He's real.

"It's getting colder. You and baby should get inside now," He whispered as he helped me carry Mielle. He carefully take her in my arms and slowly pulled her into his arms. He securely wrap his strong arms onto her as he shook Mielle to sleep. She moved and pressed her head on her father's chest.

Oh my God i think this is really the right time.

I stood up and looked at him. Trying to figure out what to say first, he suddenly step and said,

"Love, let's get you two back to bed. It's late," He smiled sweetly and i returned such look on him. But as i start stepping on the grass, my heart beat was all i can hear. I don't know why i am so nervous but i think this is normal if you're about to confess something. I dont know what's gonna happen next but i have to be brave. I knew i have been preparing for this.

We went inside the house but it was totally empty. Mom and my Titas weren't there. Even Kaylah. I heaved a deep sigh and then my mind was clouded with what if's again.

We reached my room and he carefully put Mielle on her crib. I silently closed the door too as i watch him stare at our baby. He smiled and touches her cheeks. That's when i realized that tonight's the first night he first held his daughter.

I couldnt help it. I can no longer control my emotion. My tears ooze down my face as i cover my mouth.

He looked at me and ran to my side when he saw i was in tears.

"Hey love, what's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

Pinning my hair behind my ear he asked again, "What's wrong, love?"

I really dont know what to say.

And how to say it.

He cupped my face and kissed away my tears.

"Julie, if there is a problem, tell me so we can sort things out, okay?" He looked at me in the eyes worriedly as he run his fingers to my arms.

I shook my head. Because the truth was there's really no problem.

"Juls," he whispered.

I tried to stop my cry and attempted to say a word.

"A year ago, i was the happiest girl in the world and at the same time the saddest. God gave me the best gift that could change my life forever," I began and he was patiently waiting for more.

I smiled and held his face as we talk eye to eye.

"I know you'll hate me for this and i prepared myself for a long time," i continued and his brows met; confused.

"I lied so many times to you and im so sorry about that. I kept pushing you away because i was too selfish," I went on but he butt in something.

"Love, of course not," He calmed me.

I shook my head.

I knew he was hurting as well when i ask him to leave me but i just had to do it.

"Moe, will you ever believe me right now if i tell you i love you?"

"Love, i always knew you love me," he smiled a little as he met my forehead to his.

"What's making you say so many weird things tonight?" He asked as he touches my cheeks.

Julie. It's time.

My eyes focused on Mielle and he followed my gaze and then back to my eyes and a lot of questions were written all over his. Puzzled as the minutes ticked by.