44

"So okay na kayo?" Kaylah excitedly asked me with her twinkling eyes as we were having a night cup of milk before bedtime.

I told her what happened, the whole complete story, every detail that took me almost 3 hours to do the talking, and now this.

I nodded as a yes and her hands landed on my arms as she pushed me away. Her cheeks were blushing red and i almost fell on the stool. Harot harot!

"Oh tapos?" she went on.

"Oh my gosh Kaylah, that's it!" i told her as the end of the story and her face expression suddenly changed. She wanted more. And i thought i've said every single thing that happened to me and Moe.

"Wala ng iba? Walang ano.. Walang nangyari?" She asked stuttering and it was my turn to blush.

"Wala! Grabeh siya. But he told me he saw and spoke to Mom," i confessed.

"Oh." she sat down properly as she waited for more words that im gonna say.

"He said she wanted to see and talk to me. And she's asking for Moe's help," and after i said that, the room felt too calm and very quiet.

"Juls, i think it's time. Meron na si Mielle. Bumalik ka na para kay Moe. I think it's time to talk to your Mom too."

And that made my night sleepless.

"Anak, nakatulog ka ba?" Tita Mila asked as we were having a coffee near the pool area.

"Tita. Nagkaayos na po kasi kami ni Moe," i started off and the smile painted on her face is just too beautiful.

"Thanks God," she held my hand and squeezed it a little.

"Opo. But he told me last night that when we were not around, he saw Mom. My mom," i said straight and even Tita Mila was a bit surprised.

We were so quiet for awhile and then i heard her sigh and made a look so light; a smile and a nod.

"Julie. You're 25. You're not getting any younger anak. You might wanna free your heart now. Your dad must be really proud if he sees you reconcile with your Mom," she said in a nice convincing tone.

"Alam ko po. Pero kasi tita..."

"Listen to your Mom's story. Trust me, anak. It's gonna be okay," and that's it.

"Anak." She whispered and my eyes closed.

I dont know what to say. All that has been running in my mind was her leaving my dad that caused him to death. But i have to remind myself to consider her story as Tita Mila told me.

"Anak, im.. Im really really sorry." And then she was teary eyed.

"I never expected anything that could turn out that way. I never wanted you dad to die and i didnt....."

"Tama na po," was all i could answer. Hindi ko na yata kayang marinig yung sasabihin niya. Punong puno na ng drama itong buhay ko sa nagdaang buwan at taon. Gusto ko na ring sumaya.

"But anak, you have to know na hindi ko sinasadya. Na hindi ko ginusto ang nangyari sa tatay mo," she went on and i nodded.

"It was true that i was sleeping with somebody before. It's stupid to fall for somebody at may asawa na ako that time but i think my foolish heart got me and that happened. But when i realized that i was hurting your dad, that's when i decided to just leave you. Nakikipaghiwalay na din ako sa lalaki that moment. But he threatened me. He told me he's gonna kill you and your dad if we broke up. He has his guard all around our house everyday. Anak, i decided to stay with him just to protect you. When i promised that im staying with him, we went overseas and he promised me too not to laid a finger to both of you and your dad," she sobbed and that's when i looked at her in a surprising way.