43

I suddenly stopped as he took my hand and tangled my fingers to his.

"So, what about her? You saw her somewhere?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Auww. That's okay. Nakita mo lang pala eh," I comfortably murmured but when i heard him sigh, i knew there was something more about it.

"Julie. I know you hate her but she's your Mom," he said in a low and calm voice.

"What did she tell you?" I asked straight as i pulled away my hand from his but caught them again; held me tighter.

"She.. She wanted to see you." He might mumbled.

"And i dont wanna see her," i snapped.

"But she's desperate," he went on.

"I dont care. She left Dad. And me. So why would she want to see me? Para ano pa? Hindi siya marunong magmahal!" And then i almost shouted at his face. Suddenly, my tears started to race down my face and he wiped them all away.

"Look. Im sorry for bringing this one up. I promise you i wont open this subject again. Not until you're ready for it," he apologized but he shouldnt be.

"Moe. Moe, okay naman na kasi yung buhay ko kahit wala siya. Anjan sila Tita, Kay, Kev. Ikaw," I cried once more and i felt his lips landed on my forehead as we share a warm embrace.

The silence was never felt too lonely and awkward this time. Truth is, it help me to calm down. I have his hand prisoned around me and i felt way okay.

"Are you ready to go home?" He asked and i nodded. It's almost midnight now and i have to be home and check Mielle.

Oh Mielle.

"Moe, when the right time comes, im gonna tell you something," I broke the silence and then saw a light on his face as he smiled as his answer.

Soon, we were at the parking of his restau to retrieve my car. He opened the passenger door and i came out.

"Thank you for tonight," I smiled and the tip toed to reach his cheeks. I heard him giggle that made me smile more wider and then went straight to my car.

"Go drive, ill follow you. I'll drive behind you," he get on his car again and i started the engine.

"Moe, there's no need," i hesitated.

"I want you be home safe. Okay?" And with that, i have nothing more to say but have to agree with him as we both hit the road home.