42

"Sssshhhh.." He touches my hair and i leaned my head harder on his chest as our embrace became tighter. As soon as my sob quiet down, he carefully held both side of my face and and slowly turned my face to his.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly and i nodded.

"Sorry," i mumbled for i dont know reason. I saw him smile again for the second time tonight.

He took a deep sigh and held my hand. He pulled the chair again and motioned me to sit down as he went opposite me.

We were too quiet for long minutes, just staring at each other's eyes. I dont even know what to say first though i started with a sorry.

It's growing and the silence was going crazy when i heard him sighed and asked,

"What made you come here tonight?"

I missed you, i wanted to say but again, something's holding it back for me to say it.

I remained quiet and looked at him.

"Are you sure you're still not gonna say it out? How long will i need to wait for you to say it?"

He knows me very well.

"That's alright though," He smiled sadly as he let go of my hand carefully. It suddenly felt too much cold when he pulled away slowly his hands.

"I dont know what made me come here. But surely my heart does know," i left it hanging there for i know he could easily get what behind my words.

"Moe. Andami kong kailangang ipaliwanag sa'yo," i said and he nodded right away.

"Ako rin," he added.

"But i dont wanna talk here. It's too public," i looked around and so did he realizing that it was really too crowded.

He suddenly took my hand and carefully walked me out to the parking leading us to a car.

His chevy truck.

"I have my car," i told him and he softly smiled.

"Get in," he instructed and without saying anything more, i did what he told me and he fastened my seatbelt for me.

We hit the road silently and took us not so long minutes to get to where he wanna bring me.

A pinch of the picture infront of me made me smile.

The beach.

And looking from afar were dots of lights from the city.

"Thank you," i first say when we got out from the car. He gently pulled me up at the back of his car were things were ready. A blanket and pillows. He lay down first and tapped the other pillow as if telling me to do the same.

"I used to come here thrice or four times a week. Calms me down whenever i watch the stars, searching constellations, connecting dots. Hanggang sa mapagod na yung mata ko. I'd sleep here for hours, magigising na lang ako sa lamig. Alas tres na pala ng madaling araw," he said briefly.

How lonely that might be. I mean.... This guy would come here almost every night, chasing peace, calming his thoughts down.

I wonder what's bothering him at times.

I sat down and pulled a pillow on my lap, i wanted to see his face as he talk.

"Thanks for bringing me here. It is starting to calm me down," i giggled and i think i saw him smirked.

"What?" My brows went up and this time, he let out a crunchy laugh.

"I miss seeing you smile," he confessed and i nodded. You dont know how much i miss looking at your beautiful face too.