37

"Guys, thank you for coming tonight," Kev greeted everyone and as i look at my sides, i saw Ate Saab and Ate Max and they were also surprised to see me there.

"Julie! I havent seen you for ages. Where have you been, baby girl!" And then Ate Saab and Max peppered me with kisses as i giggle.

"I was everywhere, ate's. It's so nice to see you tonight," I told them as i try to pull a smile on my face.

Good thing, some guests came a little late and i pretended to busy myself talking to Kev and Kay beside me but i knew somebody is not too comfortable to see me again. I could feel a pair of eyes lingered on me and im starting to melt.

"Everyone, we're also here tonight because we want to celebrate. We are beyond thankful for all of you and all the blessings we have received and also, this year....." Kev paused and looked at Kay who's wearing a sweet beautiful smile, a happy one.

"Kaylah and I are getting married!" and everyone applauded and the room roared in a good celebration and a non-stop congratulation greetings for the couple. Im just too happy for my best friend.

As everyone started lowering their voices, it was my time to kiss Kay's cheeks and gave her a one tight hug as i say my congratulatory message.

"Thank you, sweetheart," She kissed my cheeks and shared one more hug.

"Im so happy for the both of you," Ate Max said aloud and Kevin smiled a toothy one as he nod.

"I cant wait to see our dear Kaylah walk down not on the runway but on the aisle," Saab went in and i heard everyone giggled.

"And im so ready to watch her walk towards her forever," i butt in as i looked at her. She smiled at me and then held my hand under the table.

The murmurs started to scatter again as they busy themselves catching up and all that when i heard Ate Max say...

"Ewan kay Elmo. He's leaving the country tomorrow. Wala namang rason para umalis siya ng bansa. Wala na nga siyang shows eh. Wala ng tours and all. Andito naman kami, yung best friend niya, odiba?"

My eyes searched immediately upon hearing that. I looked at him and there was a sudden panic in his eyes as if wanted to give his sister a sign to stay quiet but too late.

"Hey, i didnt know you're leaving tomorrow," Kev butt in as well.

"You said we're visiting Gran next month? What's up dude?" Saab.

"You guys needs to calm down, alright? No one is leaving.." He shakily told everyone and i knew that they're all unconvinced with what he just answered.

"Lie," Ate Max accused.

"Cmon Max. Let's not talk about it here," i heard him say.

"Im just.... Im just worried about you, brother," Max said sweetly.

"Hindi bagay sayo maging cheesy," He fired off and i heard a roaring laughter. I smiled and when i looked at him, i knew there was something behind this conversation. It might have been accidentally opened up, i knew partly who are involve in this thing. And my feeling is too strong. Me.

They talked more about the wedding and planning and they are starting to go all out with bunch of crazy perfect ideas and i was there listening to them intensely. Agree here and there, i have nothing to say. Their minds works creatively and all i had was nothing.

I saw Moe moved his side and touched his car keys and after several minutes, he excused himself and my eyes followed him.

Right to the exit, turned left probably headed to the parking lot, and... Drove away.

I knew Kaylah has been watching me and when i looked at her, she held my hand and whispered....

"Sundan mo."