26

No goodbyes.

I think this is better. Julie, you have to remind yourself that everything is going to be fine.

You'll be fine.

And... We got to our destination.

And im finally breathing a different kind of air.

It's the air that i knew i needed.

Hello, Paris!

"I have three free days before going back to work. You two rest and tonight we'll go out and have a dinner out," he winked at us and i giggled. Well, the bestie blushed. As always.

I took my time to relax and calm myself as i start trying to adjust.

I held his phone, yes, i had it with me, and played some from his playlist. I started off with such a calming one for me, i think, which is entitled as Always by Panama and then i got stuck to it until i fell asleep.

"Juls," I felt a sudden poke in my arms and when i open my eyes, Kay was all dressed up.

"Hmmm?"

"We're leaving in an hour. Go take a shower now," she told me and i carefully stand on my feet and prepared myself.

After taking a shower, i blow dry my hair and tried putting a little make up on and she came in.

"Kay, do you know where Kev is taking us tonight?" I asked but she shrugged, moving her shoulders signaling she's clueless.

I smiled and nodded at her.

I knew it's gonna be a good night.

He's gonna do it tonight.

Im ready to let go.

• • •

So we had dinner to a fine dining restau and i had no idea where that was but i have to say that they had the very best menus. Im surely going back tomorrow alone and hoping to not forget to ask Kev about the name of the restaurant.

"You two wait for me. I just need a minute in the powder room," Kay stood up and got her stuffs as she made her way to the bathroom.

I was smiling like a fool as i look at Kevin who's looking so worried and at the same time nervous.

"Okay ka lang ba?" I asked and he smiled nervously and nodded without spitting a word.

"Kev, dont worry. She's gonna say it. She's gonna say yes," i smiled and he was too surprised to what i said.

I knew what's gonna happen tonight. And my happiness for the both of them is overflowing.

Minutes and hours had passed and then we were walking infront of the eiffel tower when in a single snap, the place got darken and there was a spotlight on Kay's. That's when i knew its about to happen.

I held out my phone and started filming.

Kay was very worried. Oh no. Not worried, she's too scared and at the same time confused.

There was also one mini spotlight directed to Kev who's right infront of her then, knelt in one knee and Kay's hands flew over her mouth as she began tearing up.

"I waited too long for this moment. I have always wanted to ask you since the moment i surrendered all my love to you but i was too afraid to dare asked you so im here right now.

Kaylah, i dont wanna promise any thing but i want you to know that i will always be here for you, to love you always. You are my top priority, my love, my boss, my everything, my life. Know that whatever happens, i'm gonna stand by and with you. I love you so much. Will you do the honor of becoming my wife?"

Right then and there, my tears of joy raced down my cheeks and then i heard Kay answered the one that i knew she'd say and the moment went by so fast. The fireworks lit up and i can hear Kay sobbing of happiness and then she ran to me and gave me a strange and new embrace.

I kissed her cheeks and said, "I knew he'd do it tonight. Congratulations! Im so happy for you."

She kissed my cheeks as well and said thank you as she hugged me again.

The night seemed too endless and we stayed up so late, well Kaylah and I. Were busy chattering and discussing these and that. I can clearly see that she's excited as i am. She started telling me about the flowers she'd want for the centerpieces and all that. I was ear to ear smiling as i listen to her, going along with this moment with her, giggling and sharing it as i know it'll only happen once.

"I wanted to look simple and classic. Colors involve will only be cream, a light shade of green and lightest shade of brown," she said dreamily and i nodded.

"That's nice. And the flowers will all in white and a little of that green to mixed it up," i added.

"Yes, and..."

"Hon?" a sudden knock came and we both stopped and Kay stood up to open the door.

"Hon? Something wrong?" She asked worriedly but Kev handed her the phone.

"Elmo wants to talk to you," I heard Kev excitedly said and i swear i froze from where i was staying.

"Elmoooo!" And it was Kaylah's turn to scream excitedly.

"Im so happy for you!!!" I heard him say.

"Thank you. I wasnt actually expecting anything. It's crazy how your bestfriend planned all of that," she laughed and so is Moe.

"So when's the long table gonna happen?" He asked.

"I dont know yet. We'll talk about that when he's not busy," Kay smiled and Moe nodded. Well i can see the little screen from my side but i had to move a little far so he wont see me.

"Will you be visiting Paris soon?"

"I'll be there next month. But it's only gonna be a short vacation. A week will be fine," He sighed and i wanna get out of here. And when i was about to, Kay turned the phone on me and says,

"Alright. And oh. Julie is here. Juls, say hi!" Kay was laughing and my eyes widened when i saw him.

I wasnt ready!

He didnt say a word. But he smiled. He pulled a smile. A fucking sad one and then waved his hand at me.

And then...

"Alright, Kay. I'll see you soon. Congrats ulet! I gotta sleep now. Well, i'll try," i heard him laugh again and my heart ache as i know it wasnt his normal laugh that i used to hear.

"Thanks Elmo! See you soon!" and then the video call ended.

Kaylah turned her face on me and said,

"Alam mo may kakaiba kay Elmo ngayon. Bakit parang ang lungkot lungkot niya? Nag congrats nga pero yung ngiti hindi abot tainga. Tingin mo may pinagdadaanan toh si Elmo?" She wondered and i wanted to answer her but i dont even know what to say. So i ended up answering....

"Siguro."