The Spider: Suspicious

Alois walked towards the church and went inside. He looked around until he spotted Angela. Walking towards her, he motioned with his head for her to follow him as he sat down.

Angela sat beside Alois and said, "what is it that you want?"

Alois folded his hands together and closed his eyes as if he was praying. "My demon servants aren't here so I need you to do as I say," he muttered.

Angela folded her hands and closed her eyes as well, "I can help a poor soul like you. What is it that you want?"

"That boy, Alex is strange. He must be connected to the Occult somehow and I want you to find out how. He is perfect, academic and sports wise. No one is that perfect. I want you to watch him and report anything odd. Got it?"

Angela muttered a soft, "Yes,"

"Failure will be punished," Alois added, opening his eyes and standing up.

Alois smiled and walked out of the church right as Kevin walked in.

Kevin watched Alois go before turning his attention towards Angela.

"Are you acquainted with that boy?" Kevin asked.

Angela stood up and smiled slightly, "Yes, somewhat. I must be going, I'm afraid I'm not feeling well this afternoon," she said.

Angela began walking out of the church.

Kevin glanced at her and frowned.

Once Angela was outside, She spotted Alex exiting the school. Alex wore a dark red cloak with the hood over his head. Only his face was visible. He carried a large bag with him and seemed to be looking around for any prying eyes.

Angela quickly spread her wings and took to the sky. She kept her distance but continued to observe.

Alex walked at a fast pace farther away from the school, clutching the bag to his chest.

As Angela followed behind, she sensed a dark presence, one that made her insides tingle.

Alex stopped and placed the bag on the ground before kneeling and rummaging through it. Alex pulled out a thick book and placed it on the ground. He read through it briefly before turning away from the book and pulling out white powder from a pouch taken from the bag and sprinkling it on the ground forming a circle.

Once the circle was formed, Alex added more detail to the circle. Once finished, he stood up and dusted his hands before walking behind a tree and watching.

Angela sat on a nearby tree branch and waited for whatever was to come.