Chapter 6

Originally updated on Radishfiction on February 29th (I think)
Wattpad.com update April 17th (why so late, I thought I updated this.one earlier)

Chapter 6:
Purple is the Color of Wisdom

Alis had been avoiding her home the entire day and it was all thanks to the trouble known as Nikolas. She just couldn't dare to face him after what he did today.

Those words when he told her that it was normal and easy for him to do what he did in her school, the way they taunted - dared her even, as if he could do something much worse, were insuring her wrath was so deep that she had a feeling that she may actually kill him by the end of the day.

However, not everything is as black as it seems, and there are two reasons: one is the purple hair color she had stocked in her rucksack and other is the fact that she had gotten an A - well, her professor was lovestruck thanks to Nikolas, but it was a proud mark nonetheless. Her seminar work did deserve it.

It was only when the sun started setting down that she decided to go back, but to her surprise - Nikolas wasn't home. Checking that wasn't as simple as it seemed; for the very second she stepped in her apartment she tried to be as quiet as possible so that she didn't have to face Nik in case he heard her.

Which only led to her crawling through the entire hall, living room and trying to pull down the handle for an entire two minutes and open the doors of her room before continuing to crawl close to the walls before she came to the window.

Five more minutes later after she managed to muster up the courage to actually look through it, she saw that there was no one inside - except for the kitten who was jumping all over Nikolas' bed.

She waited after that to make sure that he wasn't anywhere around the apartment before deciding that it was time to do her job. For some reason, Nik was naive enough to believe that nothing bad will happen if he leaves the window open and that would be his downfall.

Alis left her jacket and scarf on her bed before taking the color from her bag and get to mix it with hydrogen in one bottle - if she did it in his bathroom, it'd leave the smell all over it and he'd probably realize that there was something wrong with it. Thus, her only option was to get done with it in her room and then just pour it in his bathroom - hopefully in some new shampoo bottle he never used so he won't really notice the difference.

Once she was done with all the needed preparations, she grabbed the bottle with mixed components before heading to her veranda with a smirk - she had already done it so many times before so it was nothing - as if. No matter how many times one jumped from a veranda to another, she was bound to be scared of falling into the garbage bin below and breaking her neck in two over and over again.

Still, she reminded herself what he did to her and just like yesterday - she jumped without another second of hesitation. Nik could be a perfect motivation when needed.

*****

Nikolas went back to his old house to grab a suit and a car planning to come back home immediately after. However, his plans were interrupted nice he saw his old bedroom that was entire in mess from his anger. He's been living alone, house keepers and maids weren't something he really wanted around him at that period - which is the reason as to why his house had been so trashed wherever you'd look at, yet the house miraculously managed to remain magnificent.

The reason he chose to stay in there for the next few hours was probably because he chose to relive through his memories once again. He didn't have a time to properly part with his life when he moved out the previous day, so he chose to settle it down today before he finally left. And once he's done with it all, he'll tell Daniel to get someone to take care of it - he will come back to live in there once those two months have passed and hopefully, it will be once he managed to move from his past that had been engulfing him for a while now.