Chapter 9: If you miss even a single chance you get, you'll...

I AM BACK, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA

Too many HA there, this autocorrect...

Anyway, I uploaded 3 more chapters on Radish, so check them if you have time, I promise that you'll love what I did there (condoms part was fun lol)
Also, spam me on fb, I'll start uploading there soon concerning published papercopies of ONSWB (I'M SELF PROMOTING, I KNOW) if someone is interested into being them. Also, getting money on radish will mean that I'll get a laptop and with that, upload faster - everything I've ever written was done on my phone lol, even this.

That being said, enjoy. I love Vincent

¥---------¥

CHAPTER 9:
IF YOU MISS EVEN A SINGLE CHANCE YOU GET, YOU'LL END UP LOSING THE ENTIRE WAR

Acting like he owned the place, Vincent casually strolled past Nikolas and opened the window before stepping on veranda. Why would he prologue inevitable meeting when he had things to deal with later and son to back up. As Vincent stared at the girly neighbor of his son, he came to realize that the girl wasn't that half bad; maybe he should've sided with her? Assessing her as potential candidate for his son and worthy woman of their family, he chose to be the one to start up a conversation.

Uncertainly, Alice opened the window of her own apartment before stepping outside, she had no idea what was she getting herself into by facing a man of Vince's caliber. Nik stared aside, praying in his head that the two of them will lose interest into each other and avoid conversation, yet he knew that his rather persistent attraction to bad luck wasn't going to leave him that easy. Should've he run at that part?

Do not speak. Do not speak. Do not speak. Do not...

"Hello there, dear child," Vincent started as Nikolas wanted to slam his head from the wall. All his nightmares were about to unravel as he knew that he wasn't going to get unscathed from it.

"Hello, sir?" she replied, it was more of a question than a statement. She wondered who was he, he resembled Nikolas to an incredible degree, but she didn't want to guess wrong. Why was he even talking to her? Was he planning something with Nikolas over there? Or was it perfect chance for Alice to strike a double score right then and there by humiliating Nikolas?

As idea popped in her head, she began to think of limitless tactics she could use, but he was faster.

"What a nice weather we have here, right?" he asked and she hesitantly nodded. What did he want.

"Yeah, what a nice weather indeed," They were acting like two completely random English people that met on the street, which in reality they were; only they have met on verandas. Has Vincent been a younger, much innocent person like someone behind him Alis didn't even want to think about, it would've been great beginning for rework of Shakespeare's tragedy. Without families that wanted to claw each other, that is.

"So you're the famous girl my dumb son has been talking about?" he asked and her eyes widened - Nikolas spoke about her? As her lips parted before she glared at Nik's way, she could only manage to wonder as to what unjustly words have left the mouth of that Satan's spawn.

"I... I don't know what are you talking about," she threw back with a paranoid smile on her face, what if the man thought of her as of some monster? Moreover, did he just call his own son 'dumb'?

"Ah, never mind that then, my name is Vincent. As you could guess, I'm Nikolas' one and only father," he continued, avoiding his previous statement as her interest grew bigger. What did Nikolas say about her, she wanted to know.