Chapter 31: To Get Revenge or Not to - the Verdict is Now

Eh, two more chapters are released on radish, 53 and 54, those who have read it, PM me if you can here. I have some questions concerning it. Tomorrow will be 2 more chapters :D

CHAPTER 31:

TO GET REVENGE OR NOT TO — THE VERDICT IS NOW!

"So, did you get anything so far?"

"Yes, your some sex god and we're siblings."

Nikolas didn't know which one was worse from those two, so he only slammed his head on the table. After successfully confirming that Alis had amnesia, they tried to check what she remembered and what she didn't, just to be on the safe side of the deal.

"Wait!" he turned to her in hope of hearing something good, "What would that make me?" What was he even hoping to achieve, he wondered.

"Nothing. A dumb midget!"

He then turned his head to Kaley that looked pale like snow, not uttering a single word at all this entire time.

"But we're siblings!" Alis, on the other hand loudly protested like a five years old.

"No, we're not." Where did she even get that idea? They didn't even look alike at all!

"But you said we are!" He had no idea how to deal with children, he admits. But if he had less idea of how to do something, then it was how to deal with amnesia-hit adult acting like a child. Which would currently be Alis, and the worst is that she had no idea that she lost her memory! She never asked about her name nor anything, just kept silent. Didn't people who lost memory start off by asking their real names or something? She didn't even doubt them, she stuck with them the entire time like a puppy despite them being possible serial killers!

"When the hell did I say something so unbelievably ridiculous?!" he protested and she only tilted her head in confusion.

"In the hospital." Jesus fucking Christ, Nikolas couldn't take it anymore.

"Kaley, you deal with this creature, she's been your roommate for— achoo!" his speech was interrupted when a sneeze caught him, and as of the cue, Alis just so happened to realize having caught cold herself before she followed after him.

"Yeah, yeah, give orders only after you've properly healed. Since I'm the only capable person at the moment, I'll be in charge of this establishment," she spoke before grinning making him groan, while Alis still had no idea what were they talking about.

And how did she catch a cold anyway? Why did she have bandages on her head as well? Did she fall from somewhere? Heaven? What was that thing about pick-up lines she knew from somewhere? About angels and heavens and falling and love?

She had no idea. She couldn't remember, that is.

"Vincent is in charge of this house, Kaley — you won't win that one, and we both know how stubborn that old bull can be when he wants." They were, after all, talking about man who ditched all of his responsibilities to move and live in Seattle for a while just so that he could bond with Kaley and all. And somehow, unbeknown to anyone, managed to continue earning millions from that place, quietly pulling the strings and all.

"But he's not here at the moment."

"True that," he answered while looking on side.

"And it's only the three of us here," she added and he turned his head even more.