Chapter 48: Hunt

CHAPTER 48:
HUNT

         An idiot. Nikolas was an idiot. In the heat of the moment as his lower self was thinking instead of his brain, he allowed himself to admit to Alis that he wanted to bang her.

Now, it wouldn't be considered a big of a problem — actually it was, you don't go around telling girls who weren't interested in you that you'd like them in your bed — but he told himself that he won't have anything to do with her anymore.

Nothing. Zero. Nada.

And he still fucking went and told her that and now his brain won't stop giving him images of what the two of them could do together.

It was hard being male, trust him.

But that's all in the past now, and he currently he had an even bigger problem to deal with - the one that was coincidentally sitting right in front of him.

Nikolai.

After Nikolas came back from the jail and did dozens of calls to his underlings saying that he was fine and to do nothing until he gives them a signal, he even had to dial the one number he swore to never again call in his entire life to talk over this problem. That number belonged to a person known as the boss of HawkZ and coincidentally Nik's archenemy.

And no, he wasn't exaggerating at all.

Although the call started with him cursing at Nikolas and swearing to murder him and throw his remains to dogs and blah blah blah, by the time Nikolas mention Snake's name, he finally managed to shut up. Of course he would, if that guy hated someone more than Nikolas, it was Snake. He did some damage to their family as well, not just to Nik's.

So when he heard that Snake might've been involved in the murder of his underling, he agreed to keep his men in control just for the sake of capturing him. He demanded that Nikolas, once he catches him, hands him over to them to kill him, torture him and blah, blah, blah again — but alas, Nikolas was the walking definition of evil, so he only agreed with intention of giving him to the police instead - though he'd never say it out loud.

Now, it's without a doubt that the other side would assassinate him in jail. But once he surrendered him to the police, he was no longer responsible about that bastard.

Back to his point, after everything was done and gone, Nikolas decided to call Nikolai, whose number Vincent provided him with, looking for cooperation. And that's how he ended up in the situation where they were sitting one in front of the other for the first time , and Nikolas really disliked that guy.

Just seeing his face and hearing his voice made him remember the torturous phone calls from before which didn't help Nikolas at all, either.

"I am deeply sorry for the trouble I and my men have caused for you this past few days," Nikolai began, "Had I known that it would come to this, I..."

"It's alright, don't worry," Nikolas interrupted him, he couldn't listen about the dark part of his past. He had more important things to do than to reminiscence on it or he'd go slightly mad.

"Let's talk about more important matters, if you're willing to cooperate, that is," he said and Nikolai sighed.

"It's about my connection to Numbers, isn't it?" Nikolas nodded in response as his companion began to explain.

"Very well, let's start from beginning. I came to London with two goals in mind: to establish a partnership for my company with an greater faction and to secure it with another mafia family. Now, there usually won't be a need to go that far and even do so in another, far off country, but I didn't always do business and anyone who looked into my past would eventually realize my standing in the world of underground. Therefore, just to stay on the safe side and have someone to back me up, I joined forces with those Numbers, or it's better to say that it was them who approached me first."