Chapter 61; Snake

CHAPTER 61:
SNAKE

        NIKOLAS CURSED to himself and the life he's living as he stood inside of his father's office. Vincent knew that his son was stupid and would dare to pull out idiotic moves, but wanting to gift someone their property - in this case - a factory, to someone random was definitely the most idiotic stupid thing he has heard of in the last few years.

"Nikolas," he began, "I want you to close your eyes, take a deep breath, think upon the words you have just uttered and leave through those doors once you realize how stupid they sounded. And when you're at it, do tell Daniel not to take you to suspicious places anymore." With those words, he returned to signing documents as Nikolas sighed before ignoring what he has been told to do.

"I know it's stupid and all, but let's say we have an abandoned factory—" he began when Vincent interrupted him.

"We do. Three and they'll all be put to use soon."

"And we don't need them at the moment—"

"The key words are at the moment."

"..."

"What? Don't look at me that way, if you're willing to be so generous, then go and gift people your own residence."

Where had he made a mistake in raising his son? If he were to give everything to Nikolas, he'd probably destroy it in seconds.

"Fine. Forget about factory, but I really don't know what to do. Those kids have no place to go nor family to take care of them and I just can't help but feel responsible. When I saw them today, I just..."

"Yes Nikolas, because it's only normal for human beings to feel sympathy and care for others, even if they are random strangers. But that factory you want to give away could feed at least two to five thousand people like those two if put in proper use, and as much as I'm sorry about those two, two thousand make me feel even worse."

Nikolas sighed, he knew that Vincent was right.

"But what if I try to help and they don't want to accept?"

"Find a way to blackmail them into accepting. Remember, blackmail isn't only for evil things, sometimes it's to make good people realize that something is good for them." Vincent left the documents and stared at Nikolas.

"Then..." Nikolas wasn't sure if he could accept the reasoning of his father. Blackmail them with what? What good, won't they hate him even more then?

"For example, if both of them are minors, just scare them into separating them unless you become their legal guardian or something."

"So, to adopt them? Aren't I too young for them?" Vincent raised an eyebrow at that.

"What? You want ME to adopt them? No way, my hands are full just with you, find someone else," he shook his head before glancing at his pen. Would now be a good time to kill his son? He's already at that stage where he annoys him.

"I didn't even expect you to do so, I might do it myself. But then..." How would he bring that up to Ava? How would she react?

"Well, it would certainly ruin your future and make trouble for your future wife, so think of something. You can't help someone without abiding by law, think of something."

"Fine, I'll do it," he should just go with it and adopt them. Or maybe ask Daniel's family to do so, Daniel did say he liked the kids.

"That aside, how is investigation going? Did you find the girl?" Vincent suddenly asked snapping Nikolas from his thoughts. Girl? What girl? Ohh, the girl!