Chapter 17: Hunger Games, R edition

CHAPTER 31 IS AVAILABLE ON RADISHFICTION!!! I'LL PROBABLY UPDATE ONCE OR TWICE MORE TODAY SINCE TOMORROW IS MY PROM AND I WON'T HAVE TIME THEN LOL

CHAPTER 17:
HUNGER GAMES, R EDITION

"I guess that I should get used to caching you two in this position."

As Alis jumped on Nikolas and started another round of choking and strangling him, despite being in hospital and all, Vincent just happened to realize that he forgot his phone and came back to Nik's room to see those two in a rather disturbing position.

He sighed, once he heard that Nikolas had been hospitalized, he lost all sense of rationality. He was unable to think clear as he remembered the similar situation from sixteen years ago when Nikolas ended up in the hospital for the first time, how great of a shock it was for Vincent to realize that he almost lost the only family he head.

It was his wake up call, he didn't give a damn about the old classic or anything. Anxiety of losing his son the same way he witnessed his wife letting her last breath before his own eyes ate him all, he wouldn't have been able to survive without Nik.

When Nikolas woke up two weeks after the crash, Vincent was so angry and relieved at the same time. He wasn't angry at Nik, it was his fault that he was a shitty father. He used every chance after that day to remind Nikolas of the car accident just so that the brat wouldn't think of repeating his dumb actions, so when he heard that his life was in danger again, he couldn't think straight.

Seeing Nikolas in hospital bed again, without consciousness was the worst experience for him, his wife was long gone - he accepted that when Nikolas woke up alive back then, so he couldn't afford to lose him no matter what.

He acted roughly towards that Alis girl. When he came to the hospital and saw her waiting for news on Nikolas, he easily assumed that she had to do something with the state his son was in. He told her many harsh words he knew she didn't deserve to hear, because she didn't know the outcome of her prank. Moreover, she looked eaten by guilt and as an asshole he was, Vincent really rubbed the huge amount of salt to her wounds.

Passing past the two that stood frozen in the action as he took his phone and headed out without another word, he reminded himself to apologize to her as soon as possible.

It was only for Nikolas he had ever lost temper. In last few months, it was for Kaley as well, but for his entire life, he had acted irrationally only for the sake of protecting his son.

But looking at that Alis girl, he was sure that the two would do just fine on their own - he hadn't doubted the future where they would become a family for even a second.

Because that girl made Nikolas alive once again. He couldn't afford to doubt the future where they'll be together. And it also meant more grandchildren for him.

As of on the cue, his phone rang and he saw the last name on the earth he wanted to hear again. Which was why he only gripped it hardest he could before throwing it away, successfully breaking hospital window before even realizing what he's done.

"Ah shit... I'll have to pay that one tomorrow," he mumbled to himself, "And write an apology as well." Nokia were beasts, alright.

Back to the hospital room where Nikolas and Alis were, few good moments of silence passed as they remained frozen in the same spot they were in when Vincent left, the only difference was loosened grip Alis had on Nik's neck.

"I prefer to be the one choking, just so you know," it was Nikolas who spoke first and his words didn't calm the raging fire in her heart at all.

"Y-you!!!" she started as he only grinned.