Chapter 51: Hand for a Punch

CHAPTER 51:
HAND FOR A PUNCH

         Not a single sound was wasted when Vincent got behind Snake's back and raised his gun. He's been in the business for three decades now, if not more, and he knew that the first to make a move is the one who will win - never the other way around.

It was not supposed to go like this, plan was not supposed to get this far. They expected a punch or two being thrown at Nikolas as he baited him to confess everything, but to beat his son to the point where he was coughing blood — that was too much.

Snake glanced at his comrades as if to ask them why had they not warned him about Vincent approaching nor done anything to stop him, and his eyes widened with what he saw. Behind each of them stood at least two police officers with their guns pointed at their heads as they stood frozen in fear.

Of course, it was only natural that Vincent would sneak behind his backs without no one daring to say anything.

The plan was simple. In order to find rats and prove theories that someone was trying to rebel against Nikolai, they secretly brought Nikolas in and spread the rumor of his plan to hand him over to HawkZ.

As expected, the news reached Snake's ears and he came like a dog on the leash. Since they already got bits and bits of his plan, it was taken that he wouldn't sit through entire deal.

When Nikolai and Nikolas met earlier, they thought of countless plans to catch him unprepared and even called for Vincent's help. Remembering his previous night, Nikolas even turned to the chef of the police station he spent a night at, asking for his cooperation.

That man was a little suspicious, since they already realized that Nikolas was Raiders' boss, but decided to agree. He didn't want that Mr. Perfect aka. Blanche getting ahead of them, and it was no secret that their police station would be down unless they got some big catch.

Therefore, they secretly came to the hangar where Nikolai's base was. They had previously agreed to not say a word about what they saw and they knew that they didn't have enough power to do before Nikolas. And he was helping them with caching the culprit, so be maybe wasn't that bad of a person.

But boy, had Blanche heard what was going on, he'd literally be on Nik's neck for the next decade or so. A mafia boss cooperating with police to catch a runaway renegade?

Not your usual occurrence in London.

"Wh-what is going on?" Snake gulped, his brain couldn't comprehend the situation he was in.

Nikolas offered to be the bait. He'll pretend to be captured and they even faked his bruises and injuries with make-up while they recorded everything said in that room, hiding behind countless boxes in the darkness. All until that moment Snake confessed everything when they'll move and arrest him.

The call Nikolai received was also fake, it was excuse for him to leave the room and leave Nikolas alone with that guy — which would only make it easier for him to drag truth out of Snake.

And everything worked in their favour.

"Power is simply power, Snake. It's neither good nor evil. Power does not control you, you control it. It does not give you a feeling of being on top, you pave your own way to the top with it," Vincent spoke to him, if looks could kill, he'd be long six feet under the ground.

"Between the two of us, you're just some brat who wanted to feel it because you never really had it, am I wrong? Because if you had that so-called power of yours, you wouldn't make the stupid mistake of imposing it on others. A weakling feeding on power of other... I'm ashamed that we share the same blood."