Chapter 53: Of Rabbit and Wolf

CHAPTER 53:
OF RABBIT AND WOLF

          5 YEARS AGO

Alice sighed as she roamed around aimlessly. It was just another everyday of her life - her "family" being bunch of assholes mocking her before she would hide in her room and cry to herself.

Except, this time, she decided to not cope herself in her room. This time she decided to run away.

She seriosly doubted that they would even bother looking for her - thy made sure to tell her on more than a single occasion to drop dead; that they have no need for her and that she's just a burden in their eyes.

And they made sure to thoroughly impart that knowledge in her.

"Dumb narcissistic assholes," she silently cursed as she took another glance at her surrounding.

Fuck.

She had no idea where the hell she was. She was literally lost.

Now that she thought back, whenever she left the house, it was by the cars others drove and she only went where her parents wanted her to go or school. Zero! She had zero knowledge on outside world.

"Whatever, it's just a London. What's the worst that could happen," she mumbled to herself before deciding to keep walking forward. Originally, she had no destination when she escaped, but she moved in a straight line and believed that as long as she keeps going that way - she'll move away from her house and be safe.

But only when she was left alone in the complex streets of London for the first time did she realize how naive was her way of thinking. There was no street that could be as convenient as to go straight the entire road and after taking few dozens of turns and countless traffic lights she managed to get herself in the middle of Netherland.

Truly a nightmare for a rich girl.

"Alright, I might've underestimated this city, but come on - according to what I heard, human beings should be quote adaptable creatures. This is nothing for someone like me, I don't believe that I can't survive here alone after surviving for years in that house," she silently mumbled as she crouched down and hugged her knees.

"Say, say," a voice suddenly spoke interrupting her, "Wanna join mafia?"

She wasn't sure who spoke or whom was it intended to hear, so she only kept looking at the ground trying to think of a plan to survive. Well, she needed money first, as her father said: money makes everything happen. She didn't trust that world could be focused on something as stupid as money, but when she realized that she couldn't even get a single bottle of water without money, she began to gain enlightenment on how some ugly paper could make her feel worse or better.

"So, wanna or don't wanna?"

Still not paying intention to the source of the voice, she tried to look back on what she learnt in boarding school and see if there was some potential work for her. Baker - nah, she'd burn the entire shop.

Receptionist - those were those people smiling at everyone and being nice while selling, right? She couldn't go there either - she'd probably beat 9/10 people who come if they're rude. And they always are. Or cunning.

"It's truly hard to survive as a human," she mumbled again, "What is the job I can do willingly, without restrictions, including food and place to stay, with good payment and no need to work a lot?" she asked herself as she sighed once again.

Prostitution? That one pays a lot alright, and if we count sleeping over where guys want - it can be considered as "place to stay". And making them pay for food and feed her does save up a lot of trouble.