Chapter 49: When the mouse laughs at the cat, there's a hole nearby

CHAPTER 49:
When the mouse laughs at the cat, there's a hole nearby

       Snake had not expected Nikolas to be there, on that night - there was a rumor that Nikolas had disappeared from he underground for a while, and some even speculated that he's been killed or something. It was nothing unusual considering his position as the boss or Raiders famiglia. And Snake had much less expected that Alis would be in that club as well - he didn't even know that she survived that night years ago when he killed wolf in front of her, yet there were they:  both of his preys alive and kicking, and he let both escape his hands.

He made that mistake once, he won't repeat it again.

Snake managed to get that old fart to back him up for now while going behind his backs, so he was ready to scheme. Both Raiders and HawkZ were his enemies and thorns in his perfect plan, so he had to remove them. Originally, he has been hiding for years, slowly grooming seed of hatred between the two ever since Vincent was in charge and for two decades now, his plan was perfect.

The only trouble he encountered was with Numbers five years ago, when he backed them from shadows and grew greedy. Although he did nothing too obvious but kill their boss, it was enough for Nikolas who just inherited the title of new boss and was ruling with iron first to send men after him.

Apparently, it was wrong to kill bastards from other families when he was doing it on his own.

Since then, he remained in shadows slowly strengthening Numbers and preparing to strike back when he suddenly saw Alice in that club. He couldn't resist that bitch, he wanted her like the first day he saw her but couldn't touch her because of that annoying Wolf boy, and he gave into temptation.

Unfortunately, that seemed to have backfired as Nikolas motherfucking Tyller appeared and beat him. Luckily for him, his men were fast and saved him before it could get to real deal, so he had to go in hiding again.

He originally had in mind for some of his underling to join Raiders and kill one of HawkZ while setting it up to one of Nik's trusted men, but when he managed to get his hands on his weapon, he was prepared to dance in fire from joy. What could possibly cause war if not a boss stepping down on threaty and killing a member of other family?

The two already hated each other, and spark on this level was more than enough to give birth to pure flame of hatred. Flame big enough to engulf them both and kill them.

Now, at his thirty-nine years, he was ready to get on top and watch miserable worms below.

"Boss, big news!" just as Snake was sitting alone in his dark office, thinking of his next move, one of his underlings interrupted him. He hated his personal bubble being interrupted but this days any news concerning bloodbath between HawkZ and Raiders was more than welcome.

"What?" he asked. He heard someone looking like Nikolas visit that Russian fart, so he backed his men away, but left someone to scout them and track their movements.

Could it be that Nikolas already figured out their connections? If so, if he killed that old fart, it was Snake's win: with new boss coming on top of them, he'll have everything he needs to reign over London.

"That old Russian actually did it!" the man panted, he's been running for half an hour to tell him news.

"Did what?"

"He caught that guy. He caught the boss of Raiders!"

Snake's eyes widened, were his ears betraying him right now? He caught him, why? Didn't he let him go just the other day?

"What is that nonsense, speak everything!"

"I overheard two bodyguards talk. The old guy was looking for that guy before because of something he did, and he later found out who he really is. He even kidnapped the previos boss to get to him, but once he heard rumors about him killing someone of the other side, he immediately caught him and is planning to hand him over to HawkZ bastards to gain their favor. What should we do?" he explained everything in one breath and Snake silently cursed under his breath. He had not expected this order of events and despite being happy that Nikolas will end up being dead, he couldn't allow that to happen.