Chapter 58; The and a Half Men

CHAPTER 58;
TWO AND A HALF MEN

                 "UH," SHE was at loss of words. Wolf had strictly explained to her the terrors of provoking Italian Noble, including how fluent he is in torturous acts. Whether or not what he told her was the actual truth or simply rumors made to scare people off, she realized that none of it mattered.

Even if she managed to beat him (she still believed that she had enough strength to do so), she'll probably have entire mafia of Raiders trying to get revenge for him. Not to mention his father who was even more protective over him than lioness over her pups. Any his means of extracting revenge is even worse than Nikolas'.

What does she do? How does she get away now? Does she call Wolf? No wait, how could she call him when she was in possession of his phone? Or even important, is she willing to drag him into this and be the cause of his death?

What to do? What to do?

Pretend to die!

"D-damn, you are lucky today," she suddenly screamed before clutching her belly, "Had it not been for that vulgar creature from earlier landing a finishing blow on me, you wouldn't have stood a chance. Your luck sure is great today!" To add more drama to it, she suddenly fell on her knees and acted as if she had been beaten to death by some boxing professional.

"Eh, what?" Nikolas only stood there dumbfounded, not knowing what to do at the moment. That's it? No fight? No fun?

He clicked his tongue.

"How boring." Trust is, Nikolas didn't really intend on fighting the boy in front of him (or so he, as anyone else would have, believed that the person in front of him is a male), but he was really bored and had nothing better to do than accept challenges from random kids.

His whole day has been shity that he was daring to fight anyone and even Vincent having lost his nerves and all - and then some kid miraculously decided to go along with his plan. Not to mention that not a single soul in this city dared to fight him, this was seriously a situation he would never dream of happening.

Was the kid foreigner? No, no, that sasiness is a sure treat of British citizen, there's no mistaking it.

"This noble me shall spare you for today, so go. Go and live without wasting this life I bestowed upon you," but was there a kid in their turf like this? He couldn't remember anyone mentioning a kid challenging others nor complaining about one. Moreover, was there anyone daring to beat someone to death in this turf anyway? The kid was basically bullshiting him!

What bestowed life? It was obvious that he realized his mistake and is trying to get away!

"Look, kid, what's your name?" he suddenly crouched down before asking. No matter how he looked at it, the kid was new in this place. He obviously had no idea who Nikolas is and is daring to fight him. Does he even realize that he had no chances of beating him? Not to brag, but Vincent sent Nikolas to every possible martial arts training and Nikolas was quite confident that it would take him a single finger to snap his neck in two.

So no matter how he looked at, the kid was special.

"I..." wait, what was even a name she chose to use? She can't Rabbit because no one was crazy enough to believe that someone would name their child a "Rabbit" and her real name was a no-no, "...am not important. Just a nameless hero that is reaching the end of his life. Pay me no mind, I ask of no thanks for sharing your life, just don't go wasting it. Live on, for my sake!"

As shady as her words were, they were all something she previously read somewhere and managed to remember. And her, who never really socialized with other people, truly believed that someone would still utter them in real world.