Chapter 26: Rolling in the Deep

Ah, I forgot to update. That's what happens when you get hooked up on a book and begin to lose the touch with reality. Anyway, next four chapters are already free on radish, so enjoy them here as well.

1/4 updates for today:

CHAPTER26:

ROLLING IN THE DEEP

"So, please explain it to me again as to why is your head patched up like a mummy while your nose looks like it's been smashed by a frying pan?"

Vincent couldn't believe that just in less than one week he was going to come to the hospital yet once again because of his son. Alis was simply a bonus, he figured out that they'd go back to pulling pranks at each other, yet to be sent to the hospital together was too ridiculous to be real.

Yet, here he was. Standing in the middle of infirmary with both Alis and Nikolas sitting on one bed, drenched in water from head to toe looking worse than him when he's been hit with the boat. Long story.

"And... I can do this entire day, you know? And I'm not moving a fucking inch until you explain yourself properly as to why did I have to ride for ten miles just to see you in this poor state as you just missed another meeting Edward managed to postpone for three hours. You have incredible luck that the other CEO was so fucking angry at someone that he wanted dead and didn't mind you being absent, Niko!"

Alis raised her head in confusion as he heard Vincent calling his son by that nickname. It certainly gave out a feeling if him being a different person, and foreigner. Now that she recalls, he had that Italian middle name too. Were they Italians?

That almost sounded like mafia. She frowned at the ridiculous thought, but when she remembered how fast did he manage to find her and use connections to correct her mistake... Surely not, it was Nikolas she was talking about.

Mafia wouldn't do a prank war with her.

"I'm sorry," she was, yet once again, taken aback when she heard Nikolas apologizing, "I'm not sure as to where do I start."

"Start with your phone, for now. Why the fuck were you not available?"

Nikolas didn't move an inch when Vincent said that yet Alis couldn't help but skip a beat at his stern demeanour. He was fucking terrifying.

"That... I broke it," he said calmly that Alis began to see Nikolas in another light and admire him.

"And you just couldn't buy a new one and transfer the card? Why did you get a new number?" Vincent continued to press for details while Nikolas didn't really know how to say that he's been bothered by countless sadistic perverts — not that he really weren't one — and he decided to wait for the trouble to calm down.

He sighed.

Half an hour ago when he came to the hospital carrying injured Alis, the doctor taking care of her was worried about his nose so her patched up Nikolas as well, who didn't really worry about it. They got two good news, such as that Alis only had hurt head on the outside and bleed a bit, but scans showed that she was perfectly fine. And the second that his nose wasn't really broken, but Alis just hut a bad spot.

And the doctor asked them the same thing Vincent has when he saw the sorry state the two were in, yet the only answer they could come up with was that they were simply chasing each other through the city as a game when the rain fell and they somehow ended up falling and hurting themselves. Of course, after seeing Nikolas in his business suit he later borrowed to Alis who still had that see through wet dress on to cover what was not up for seeing, the doctor found it weird that someone like him would've actually play a chase game. At his years, at that.