Chapter 35: Back to that Alley

CHAPTER 35:
BACK TO THAT ALLEY

                 NIKOLAS HAD no idea whether he was plainly cursed or incredibly lucky. Out of all possible outcomes, Alis was leaving the table, being safe for the moment — precisely how he wanted her to be. However, she wasn't leaving alone, Snake held her hand before leading her away making Nikolas bite his lip in frustration. His nostrils flared, he clicked his tongue in annoyance, an order of ticks he had when being pissed off — he only didn't let it show often.

"I will kill that runt," he noted to himself before standing up. Person he wanted to kill and person he wanted to protect were together, yet Nikolas hoped that by some miracle she just randomly sat by their table and Numbers didn't know of her connection to him.

Connection... What were they anyway? Neighbors? His mind stopped, since when did he consider that midget so important to him? Why did he feel like she needed to be protected by him or endangered by his enemies? They were simply enemies and whatever was going around them...

He needed to make a decision. Fast.

Before she ends up being dead before his eyes.

"Ready the men. Get all those brats from that booth and I'll go after Snake. The girl that's with him mustn't be hurt no matter what, am I clear?" his bossy self was back in the action as he gave the order. It wasn't something he really missed after that month of living next to Alis. Sure, he was all for obedience from other people, woman he wanted as his submissives especially, but Alis showed him the other side to that deal. How fun couldn't it be having someone disobey every single word and thing you say, defy every single reason you believed.

He had come to like that side of her.

"Understood, sir," he didn't need to finish his Scottish whiskey before he headed towards the door. He wasn't innocent, he did that kind of shit countless times before, though his women were sober.

He knew what was that virgin letting herself in and her future self, once she regained her memories, better be kissing Nik's ass in appreciation for saving her virgin one.

She was seriously, step by step, becoming the death of him. And that cold composure — icy look in his eyes, thin line of his lips and gloves he put on his hands before stuffing them safely in his pocket — to whoever met him walking like he ruled the world meant death.

Despite bigger part of people around him never having seen him before, everyone moved from his way. One look at his eyes and you knew. You just simply knew.

Someone was going to die tonight. And no one wanted to be that "someone".

             Being led by that guy, Snake, through the back doors of night club Alis have visited for the first time in her life (as she chose to believe) was oddly familiar feeling. It wasn't the kind of familiar that made you all fuzzy and happy — it was the kind of feeling that would chill your bones, rendering you immobile. Unable to move, as if you're standing atop of the frozen lake and that ice entrapped your feet before growing to the other parts of your body. You stood alone, cold puffs of air left your mouth, the whole scenery wasn't captivating white, but pitch black, somewhere in the middle of a cursed forest, you couldn't move, couldn't run. And as much as you tried to stay on the surface, the ice cover began to sink beneath deadly abyss of darkness.

And you fell down with it.

Every fiber in her body told her not to go, and for a second — that man's back looked younger, wilder and stained in blood. She yelped before he turned around, confusion drawn all over his face.