Chapter 44: How to get yourself in a Jail

CHAPTER 44:
HOW TO GET YOURSELF IN A JAIL

Nikolas has been too exhausted to think rationally, and truth to be told, he wasn't really willing to. The only thing that was on his mind every singe passing moment was to get some sleep, even if he had to destroy the entire world to get some.

Now, whether or not he could actually do it was questionable on its own, yet destroying the world would only bring him more sleepless nights than it could actually be rid of them, so he wasn't inclined to doing something on that large scale.

Murdering someone, however, way much easier.

"I can't believe that I've practical wasted an entire day on trivial matters I didn't even need to tend to," he sighed to himself as he was passing by the lake filled with ducks.

There were a lot of people over there, families having picnics or someone simply passing by, or walking dog. It's laughable that not more than five minutes away from that place was lair to Russian mafia that somehow joined forces with Numbers. Was it really wise to leave Vincent there? There was probably a chance that the numbers still haven't recognized him (by some miracle) so he was on good terms with Nikolai. Judging from recent activities and knowing Snake, numbers were probably planning to strike at Raiders.
And Nikolai surely wasn't there to just observe, og they got him as their ally.

He sighed before hitting a rock with his right feet, his hands in pockets to shelter them from coldness lurking around. Was it so close to winter already?

If he came home, they'll bother him about not having Vincent by his side. If he returned for Vincent, he'd have to deal with him for a while, maybe even see him in worse condition and then deal with that Nikolai guy. Overall, his life was shit.

In any case, with Vincent at home, hell party the entire week and not let Nikolas get a wink of sleep with his demands and all, so the best way was to not go home.

Where then? His apartment has been destroyed. He didn't bring any money with him (he thought he'll be fighting mafia, remember) and he didn't even bring his car to drive away and sleep in it.

Sure, he could probably find some bench around, but high were chances that he'll get stabbed by some enemy or something, so that wasn't the most favourable option either.

Getting laid in his current state and spending night was out of question, as well. Not only did he not have strength for those activities, but he didn't even have a soul to search for one. He was completely drained.

With those cards on table, he chose not to go to anyone he's acquaintances with. One reason was because he didn't want to show his weakness, the other is that he didn't want to use his position to make them comply. Daniel and Edward were out of question.

He'd never get a wink of sleep with their rabbit-like stamina (from the amount of times he was actually able to reach them, it was clear that they weren't taking it slow).

So...

And then, he saw a police officer. He didn't look imposing nor anything, in fact, the man was simply mediocre. He didn't stand out much, even with his police suit, yet Nikolas in his drained state looking for every single solution he could think of managed to spot him.

He was of average-height and certainly didn't look like someone who would be prepared for a sneak attack, much less restrain someone and fight.

A slow grin began to spread on Nikolas' face as he thanked heaven for the most ultimate opportunity he could ever get. With such a pleased smile on his face, he slowly headed towards the police officer with no signs of violence.