Chapter 1 (EDITED)

*Lauren's P.O.V*
I held my bow tightly in my left arm as I run for a department store. I turn to see walkers chasing after me. I try to run faster. Once I reach the store I run up the stairs and out onto the rooftop, I slam the door shut and fall to the floor. I breath heavily.

"I don't care if every walker for miles around hears this. I will do it." I turn to see a man in a sheriffs uniform pointing a gun at a mans head. The man had a crossbow but I couldn't see his face, he was aiming it at a different man. Then there was a Korean kid behind him.

I saw the sheriffs face and smiled. "Well, well, if it isn't Rick Grimes." Everyone seemed to freeze as soon as I spoke. Rick slowly turned around, he smiled and ran to me and gave me a hug.

"Lauren" Rick sighed into my shoulder. "It's good to see you too Rick" I mumbled. "Your brother?" He asked after he pulled away. " haven't seen him since before I left to go to the army base." I told him.

"What about your wife and son" I questioned. "I have only just come out of hospital I was in a coma. Went to the police station and cleared out the guns and got the uniform. Walking through the streets I hear screaming and I come here to see this lot then you came." I nod.

"Who's who?" I ask. The Korean kid walks up. "I'm Glenn. That's T-Dog and then the one with the crossbow is Daryl Dixon." As he says the names I look at them and nod. I then look at Daryl. Our eyes lock in eye contact. He reminded me of an old friend.

The redneck looked away. I noticed a severed hand on the ground next to some hand cuffs. I then see a trail of blood. I pull out an arrow and place it in my bow and follow the trail. I hear footsteps behind me. The blood trail goes down the steps.

"Hardest asshole I ever met my brother. Feed him a hammer he'll crap out nails." I heard someone say. They had a southern accent.

We hear moaning. I have my bow lowered. We come across two walkers. I pull my bow up and let the arrow fly into the walkers brain. I grab my hunters knife and throw that into the other walkers head. I hear someone whistle. I turn to see them all with a shocked face apart from Rick. "What?" I ask.

I carry on walking into a kitchen. I see burned skin on the cooker. "What's that smell?" I hear Glenn groan. "Skin. The man your looking for he cauterised the stump" I mumble. "Didn't stop him from climbing out the window." I say as I look out the window. I blank out the rest of the conversation and stare into the streets. I see a bag full of guns laying in the middle of the street.

"Okay so me, Daryl and Lauren will go in this alley." Glenn tells us all. "Why us" me and Daryl say at the same time. We both glare at each other. "You both have silent weapons" Glenn answers. "What about me and t" Rick asks. "Oh yea, you will be here, two blocks away" Glenn answers Rick's question.
--
"You got some balls for a china man" Daryl mumbles as he loads his crossbow. "I'm Korean." Glenn says then runs out into the street. I chuckle to myself and move forward a bit.

We wait in silence for few moments before a kid came running in. "Hey you seen my brother." Daryl asks the kid. He starts screaming a name. "Shut up you'll bring the walkers down on us" I snapped.

The kid pushes me away and tries to run past but I grab him by the arm and push him against the wall and press my hand to his mouth shutting him up. "Shut the hell up boy" I whisper yell.

I hear Daryl grunt behind me before I feel someone grab my hair and pull me away from the kid. I Yelp in pain. I turn to kick the man in balls. He groans and falls to the floor.

I turn to help Daryl, but I am stopped when I see Glenn. "Thats the bag of guns. Get em" they grab Glenn and chuck him in a back of a car. I feel a shooting pain go through my head as I realise that someone has hit me over the head with something hard. I am them thrown over someones shoulder.

"Lauren! Get back here you son of a bitch! Lauren!" Daryl shouts

______________________________________
Well this is my new book. I will be updating every now and then. I know this is bad but hopefully it will be better as we go on.

Please also read my girl.

Thanks for reading.

Can someone do me a favor and make me a cover for this story.

The title was given by- amber8022

Shoutout to Ouat0143