Chapter 19

*Lauren's P.O.V*

I lean against the railing next to Daryl. Everyone is gathered round. "We need to leave Rick" Hershel says. "We are not running" Rick replies back. "If Rick says we are not running then we are staying." Glenn yells. "This is all your fault! None of this would have happened if it wasn't for you!" Maggie shouts at Merle. I sigh. "You lot can argue all you want. But that man is crazy. Now you can leave if you want but let's get one thing straight, Merle is staying. Merle was there for me through everything. Don't underestimate his loyalty to Me and Daryl." I yell before storming out of the cell block and into the shower block.

I strip off and turn the water on. I let the water run for a bit before I step under. I let the water drop off my body. I grab the soap and begin to wash myself. I think back to the world we have lost. Is my family still alive? Is there anymore people alive from the army base? Thinking about the old world has got me thinking about someone..is Tia's farther still alive? Will we ever run into him again? Will he recognise me? I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear a knock on the shower door. I step out the shower and wrap a towel around myself.

I open the door and see Rick. He looks at me up and down. I cough and he looks at my face. "Umm dinners ready" he tells me. I nod at him and he then walks away. I walk out of the shower block and into the cell block in just my towel because me being a tit forgot fresh clothes. I quickly walk through and then start to run into mine and Daryl's cell. Daryl's laying in the bottom bunk. He look at me and let's out a quick chuckle.

"Dixon turn and face the wall." I say. "What are you serious" he jokes. I point to the wall. He laughs and turns. I drop the towel and pull on matching black bra and knickers. I grab my ripped skinny jeans and pull them on. I grab three tops out. A pink summery crop top with a tiger with patterns in the face. A army camo top and a sleeping with sirens crop top. "Daryl which top?" I ask. He turns and sees me in my bra he gulps and then looks to the t shirts. He looks over them all with a hard look. "The pink tiger crop top" he says. I smile and pull it on.

We walk out holding hands. "Rick this would of been better if we didn't have a snake in the nest." Glenn snaps, talking about Merle. "China boy, listen. Merle is staying weather you like it or not so just shut up" I yell at him. I then grab my food and sit down on the table with Merle and Tia, Daryl sits down next to me.

"Mummy uncle Merle said you and daddy are okay now" Tia says to me. I smile and nod. "How about if you eat all your food me you daddy and uncle Merle go in the gym and play tag, sound like fun" I smile at my daughter. She nods her head. "Prepare to lose Tia" Merle teases her. They argue back and forth about who's gonna win and what the loser has to do. Daryl wraps his arms around me and pulls me close. He kisses my head and rests his head on mine. I turn my head to look at the others and see Rick's looking at me. I smile at him, he waves slightly at me. He looks a bit down. I mean he just lost his wife, any man would look upset.

"Mummy I'm done" I turn and chuckle. "Okay, let's head down then baby" I say as I take all out bowls over to Carol who's washing up. I walk over to Rick. "Hey Rick I'm taking Daryl, Merle and Tia with me to the gym to play tag for a bit" I smile. He nods. "Stay safe" I then walk out to the gym where I see Tia on the floor being tickled by Daryl.

I smile at my family. I walk over to Merle and we watch Tia and Daryl play. They are poking each other back and forth, Tia pokes him on the nose then runs to me and hides behind Merle and me. I chuckle. "Tia come out come out wherever you are" Daryl says. Daryl heads towards us. Tia runs off and Daryl goes to go after her but I stop him. "Go Tia run" I squeal.

Daryl then turns to me and tickles me. I manage to escape and I run away. I turn to look at Daryl. "Lauren watch out!" I hear Merle shout before I fall down the stairs and all I can see is darkness.

_____________________
Please vote and comment!!
Love you all💞
Bye Fellow Archers
~Boylie~