Chapter 27

*Lauren's P.O.V*

A week later everyone is up and full of energy. Daryl is cleaning his crossbow and my throwing knifes. Tia is talking with Carl about how Uncle Merle dressed up in a pink dress and put a crown on his head for Tia's 4th Birthday. I chuckle at the memory. I rush to the back of the barn and throw up. I wipe away at my mouth and take a sip of water swill it round my mouth before it spit it back out. I walk back in and sit down. I hear a groan behind me, I turn to see Daryl rubbing his shoulder. I go behind him. "think you went a little hard last week babe" I tease about him being injured. He looks up at me and smirks. "Well you said that it was so big" he joked. I gasp and punch him lightly which causes him to chuckle. I place my hands on his shoulder and massage them. "Your amazing you know that" He says moaning in delight of this massage. I chuckle.

The Barn doors open, Maggie and Sasha walk in with a stranger behind them. "Hey. Everyone... This is Aaron." Daryl and Rick shoots up and aim their weapons on Aaron. I walk near Tia who is now with Carl and Jodie. "We met him outside. He's by himself. We took his weapons and we took his gear." Maggie says as Daryl looks outside for a threat. Daryl turns back and searches Aaron. He finds nothing else. "Hi" He says. Judith starts to whine. Carl gets up but I tell him to stay and I rush over to Judith who is being held by Rick. Rick looks at me and nods, a slight smile on his face it goes when he looks back at Aaron. "It's nice to meet you." Aaron goes to shake Ricks hand but people edge forward with weapons. "You said he had a weapon?" Maggie hands Rick the gun. Rick looks at it and checks the ammo on it. I don't think he knows that's a flare gun.

"He has a camp. Not far. He wants us to join." Sasha says. "I think it would be good for both of our groups to join together" He says. "How many people do you have?" I ask. "More than I can remember. Families. Children and their parents. Some have been there from the start. Sasha if you hand Rick my backpack there is photos in the front." Rick pulls them out and I look at the photos. "I'm sorry for the picture quality. We found an old camera" he starts. "Nobody gives a shit" Daryl mumbles which shuts him up.

"The next picture, you'll see inside the gates. Our community was first construc..." Rick speeds up and swings for him and knocks him out. "Rick!" I snap. He looks at me. I motion him to follow me. I head to the back of the barn. "What the hell was that" I whisper yell. He just looks at me plainly. "This could be something good for us Rick. We need this. We can't keep going on the road like this" I say. "I know that Laur, But what if this place is another false haven like Terminus. I can't risk it. I can't risk Carl or Judith's safety. I can't risk yours!" He tells me looking away. "What do you mean Rick?" He turns to me. "I love you Lauren, but your with Daryl and I can't do that to him. But I can't control it Lauren." I stare at him. "Rick it's not your fault, you can't help who you fall in love with. I'm sorry, I really I am but I love Daryl." I mumble. I lean forward and kiss his cheek before walking back over to the group.

"How many of you are out there. That's a flare gun" Merle states. "One other person. We have two cars out there to take a big group back." He replies. "I'm gonna check that car" Michonne states. "There is no car" Rick spits. "Well I am checking" She says as she heads for the door. Rick sighs. "Abraham, Rosita and Glenn you go with Michonne and Maggie to check this so called car out. If your not back in 60 minutes we come looking for you." Rick says. They all nod and leave. The rest leave to look out round the barn.

I stay in with Rick. Judith starts crying, Rick grabs a bowl and some nuts and tries to crush them. "I have some applesauce in my pack. Use that to feed her" Aaron says. Rick goes over and grabs it, he takes it out and the spoon and places some on a spoon he then puts it in front of Aaron. "Eat it!" He spits. I walk closer, confused at Rick. "You think I would poison your baby daughter" Aaron asks shocked. "Rick.." I warned. "I said eat it" He spits again. "I don't like applesauce I only put it there so I show people we have apple trees near by." I walk closer. "I said eat it" I huff and walk over, snatch the spoon from Rick and put it in my mouth and swallow. I then open my mouth and stick my tongue out. "its gone!" I yell before storming to the back of the barn.

Rick follows after me. "What the hell was that?" He snaps. "stop being mean to the man. He is helping us. I did something to stop what childish act you were doing" I spit. "There could've been something in that Lauren!" He says angrily. I shrug. He paces back and forth before walking towards me and kissing me. I stand there shocked. I push him away. "Rick I told you" I mumble. "I know you did, I'm sorry" he whispers. "Rick I get it your used to having someone with you and its been so long since you have had someone to love. You will find a girl soon but that girl is not me" I whisper to him. He nods slowly. "I'm gonna tell Daryl this happened." I mumbled. Rick opens his mouth but I cut him off. "Its easier telling him now then not telling him and he finds out in a shit way" I say before walking away.

I walk outside to Daryl. "Dare can I talk to you a sec?" He looks at me then to Rosita who nods. He follows me behind the barn and looks at me confused. "Before I say anything you have to promise me you won't get all angry" I say holding out my pinky for a pink swear. He looks at me then my hand and raises his eyebrows then puts his pinkie by mine. "Now lock it" I say. He does it. "Rick kissed me" I say quickly. Daryl's eyes go wide. "What the fuck! You serious?!" He says shaking his head. "He said he loved me. I told him it's been a long time since he had someone to love and to be loved in return. When he kissed me I was shocked but I soon pulled away from it." I say quickly. "Daryl don't do anything bad" I said. "I won't but if he makes another move I will beat his ass." He warns. I nod and kiss him lightly on the lips. "I love you Daryl Dixon" I whisper smiling. "I love you too Lauren Walsh"

_________________________________________

Sorry it's late! Been doing exams! Hope you like it!

Love you all!
Bye Fellow Archers
~Boylie~