Chapter 8

*Lauren's P.O.V*
I wake up to an empty bed. I smile to myself. I get up and get dressed. I walk into the bathroom. I brush my hair and put it in a bun. I walk out and go down the stairs. "Morning Maggie, Beth Cieran" I greet. They all say hello. I walk out the door and down the porch.

"9...10...ready or not here I come" I hear a voice yell. I see Daryl covering his eyes before letting them drop and he creeps around. I hear giggling from the side I turn to see Tia hiding behind Carol and Lori who were making breakfast smiling. "Tia where are you?" Daryl asks jokingly. He walks up to a tree slowly. "Are you here" he pokes his head round the tree. He looks over at me and winks. I chuckle. "I thinks she's gone" He slowly and quietly creeps up behind Tia and picks her up in his arms. Tia's giggling uncontrollably.

I walk over to the too and kiss Tia on the head. "Hey squirt go see if Jodie's okay" Daryl tells Tia. She nods then runs off. "Your such a big kid." I tease. I turn to see Tia talking to Shane. "Shit!" Daryl sees him so we run over. "Tia come here sweetie" she comes over. "Who's that man mummy. He told me that you were a wh-who-whore? What does that mean"." I look at Shane. Daryl can you take Tia on for some food while I talk to Shane" Daryl nods and picks Tia up but stops by me. "You gonna be alright with him?" He asks while glaring at Shane. I nod.

Once the get into the house. "Are you fucking kidding me Shane!" I yell at him. "What its true! I bet you don't even know who the Father is because you couldn't keep your legs shut!" I hit his chest. "No I do Shane! He raped me! He took me after a party and raped me! Once he was done he left me. I could tell you! I then got pregnant! Even tho I hate the Father. Tia is my little Angel. Stay away from her and stay away from me. You are not my brother" I shout at Shane. Regret fills his eyes. I turn to see the whole group.

I run back to the house. "You okay?" Daryl asks. "They all know" I whisper. "Hey don't matter. Just stay away from Shane. I'm gonna go out to look for Sophia." (If one person comments about Sophia is back I might shoot them with an arrow!) I nod. "Be careful please" I tell him. "Always am" he says before he messes up Tia's hair with his hand and walks out.

---
We all walk over to the well. "Looks like we got a swimmer" Dale mutters. "How long do you think it's been down there?" Glenn asks. I shrug my shoulders. "We have to get it out." Shane says. No shit! "Easy. Put a bullet in its head." T Dog states. "No. If that thing hasn't contaminated the water. I'm sure blowing it's brains out will do the job." I say before walking back to the fence and leaning against it.

"Someone's gotta go down there" I hear someone say. I look up to see everyone looking at Glenn. I storm up to them. "Hell no! Glenn has had his life at risk to many times! I'm going" I snap. "You are not going down there. I'm not letting you!" Shane yells. "Back off Shane. I can handle myself." I spat at him. "You go down there and get hurt. Daryl will kill us." Dale mumbles. "Then don't drop me."

Shane grand the rope and ties it around me. "Hey don't worry we are get you back here in one piece." Shane whispers. "Living piece."I whisper back. I take a deep breath as they all grab the rope. "Nice and slow okay guys?" They nod. "You people are crazy" Maggie sighs. "Want to get it out of your well or not lady" Shane snaps. I glare at him.

I am slowly lowered into the well. I put my feet against the walls and walk down. I hold my flash light in one hand and the rope on the other. "Doing okay?" Maggie asks. "Living the dream" I reply. I am meters away from the walker. I grab the rope ready to throw it round the walker. I hear a loud rattling noise before I quickly drop a couple of meters. I realise I am in the walkers reach. I scream in fear. "Get me the fuck out of here" I yell up. I kick the walkers hands away from my legs. I can feel myself being lifted but before I to far up I throw the rope round the walker.

I reach the surface and crawl away from the well. I wait for breathing to steady. I stand up and Lori checks me for bites or scratches. "Back to the drawing board." Dale sighs. I chuckle. "Says you" I hand him the rope and go to sit down on the grass.

I watch as they pull the walker out slowly. The head of the walker pops up and it starts growling at us, reaching out for its next meal. The pull the walker out. But the walker gets stuck. I watch as Shane pulls even harder to get him out. As Shane does this the walker splits in half. Through the stomach. It's bitten half falling into the well with organs and intestines follow. I sigh. The walker reaches out and claws the air. "Seal off this well. That would be a good idea." I yell over to them. "What are gonna do abou-" Andrea stops when T Dog smashed the walkers head in with his crowbar. "Good thing we didn't do anything stupid like shoot it in the head" he mumbles before walking away.

I walk up to Tia. "Hiya baby" I greet her. "Daryl's back mommy. He said he wanted to talk to you. He's gone to talk to Carol." I nod and walk over to the rv. "A flower" I hear Carol say. I stop and listen. "It's a Cherokee Rose. The story is that when American soldiers were moving Indians off their land on the Trail of tears, Cherokee Mothers were grieving and crying so much. Cause they were losing their little ones along the way. From exposure and disease and starvation. So the elders, they said a prayer, asked for a sign to uplift the mothers' spirits, give them strength and hope. The next day this rose started to grow where the mothers' tears fell. I'm not fool enough to think there's any flowers blooming for my brother. But I believe this one bloomed for your little girl." He finishes.

I knock on the rv door. Daryl opens it. He smirks when he sees me. He walks out and closes the door slowly. We walk over to his camp and he sits down on one of the logs. He hands me a Cherokee Rose. I smile but give it back to him. "If your brother is tough and badass like you he'll be fine. I believe this bloomed for your brother" I say smiling. He looks at me and smiles a genuine smile.

_________________________
So yep.
Next chapter I'm looking forward to. It's Daryl's P.O.V

Please vote and comment
Bye Fellow Archers💘
~Boylie~