Chapter 38

*Lauren's P.O.V*

Walking out hand in hand, smiling at each other, we head back up to the house. We stop as we see the others walk out to meet someone.  "What happened to everyone else? Tim? Marsha?" Gregory asked the man. "They're Dead" he yells walking over. "Negan?" He questioned. Daryl moves closer recognising the name. He nods. "They still have Craig. Said they would keep him alive, return him to us, if i delivered a message to you" he says inches away from Gregory. "Tell me" Gregory says. The man apologises before stabbing Gregory in the stomach.

Rick runs toward the man kicking him to the floor and punching him. "Get off of me! I have to do it" the man screams. Another man attacks Rick but Abraham tackles him to the ground. Daryl pushes me back and out of harms way. Daryl looks over to Rick seeing Michonne help him. My eyes widen as I see Abraham being choked on the ground by the man he tackled, face turning a bright red. "Daryl! Help Abraham" I yell to him and he sprints over, grabbing the mans arm and snapping it, casing the man to scream in pain and fall to the ground. "Drop it" Michonne warns hand on her weapon. Rick reaches up and stabs the man in the throat. Blood spilling over him.

He stands up and people stare at him scared. "What" Rick asks. "You killed him" one of the girls shout. "He tried to kill Gregory" Rick yells back confused. I walk over to Daryl and Abe and help him stand. "You good there" I ask. "Yea I'm alright mamma bird" he says joking a bit. I smile and we follow the others up to the main house.

"Doctor Carson patched Gregory up" Jesus says walking into the room. "We heard the name Negan. While back Daryl and Abraham had a run in with his men. Who is he?" Rick asks. Jesus looks around at all of us sighing. "Negan is a head of a group of people he calls the saviours. As soon as the walls were built, the saviours showed up" Daryl starts pacing by the window. "They met with Gregory on his behalf. Made a lot of demands. Every more threats. And he killed one of us" Jesus tells us sadly. "Rory. He was just sixteen years old" my heart skipped a beat. He killed a poor kid. I hold back tears as he carries on. "Beat him to death, right in front of us. Said we had to learn off the bat. Gregory is not exactly good and confrontation" Jesus admits. "He's not the leader I would've chosen but he made this place what it is. And the people like him." He explained.

"He made the deal" Maggie confirms our thoughts. "Half of everything we had. Supplies, Crops and our livestock" Daryl leans against the window. "What do you get in return" Glenn questioned. "They don't attack this place. They don't kill us" he answered. "Then why not just kill em" Daryl says standing. "The people here don't even know how to hold a gun" I stand walking over a bit. "How many people does he have?" I question. "We don't know, seen groups as big as twenty"

"Now hold up. They show up, kill a kid and  give half of everything. These dicks have got themselves a good story. Boogeyman ain't got shit" Daryl speaks. "How do you know" Jesus asks. "We ran into a group of his guys a few weeks ago. Left em in pieces and puddles" Abraham informs him. "Yea. We'll do it" I look at Daryl. Is he crazy? "If we go get ya man back. Kill Negan, take out his boys. Will you hook us up? We want food, medicine and one of those Cows" Daryl says ignoring my looks. Jesus looks to Rick for the Okay on it. "Confrontation has never been something we've had an issue with" Rick says smirking. Jesus nods before walking in to talk to Gregory.

I scoff causing heads to turn my way, I walk away into the main room. "Unbelievable" I sigh. "What" Daryl questions following after me. "Daryl we don't know how dangerous these men are! We could get killed! You could get killed!" I yell. He looks at me for a moment. "Laur we have handled people who have been worse than Negan. We can do this" he tells me. I sigh putting my head in hands. "Hey, look at me" I ignore him keeping my head down. He puts a finger under my chin, lifting my head up, making me look him in the eyes. "I'm gonna be fine. We are all gonna be fine" he reassures. I sigh before wrapping my arms around him.

Sitting in the van heading home with everyone. Maggie convinced Gregory to make the deal. We kill Negan and we get food. Maggie pulls out her sonogram and passes it to me. You can only see a small baby at this point as it is forming into a baby. I pass it to Michonne who smiles and passes it round. It gets to Daryl who smiles passing it back to Glenn. He reaches into his vest pulling out our sonogram. He passes it back round, Jesus smiles as he traces the head of the baby with his finger. "Boy or Girl?" Jesus asked me handing the photo to me. I looked at the photo, my heart beating heavy as I stare at my baby. "We didn't want to know" I tell him handing the photo back to Daryl who kisses it and places it back into his vest, then placing his arm around me.

________________________________
So this was really cute! I kinda like this one. The ending I love😍😍
Please vote and comment! Love you all!
Bye Fellow Archers
~Boylie~