Chapter 46

*Lauren's P.O.V*

It's been days since I left Daryl as I return home and he walked to Hilltop. Rick, Michonne and Rosita haven't returned from recruiting people from what Aaron told me. Merle and I are on watch. "Do you think we will win?" I question looking out down the road, Merle looks to me. "Course. Officer friendly scares me at times and you should know nothing scares your ol pal Merle" I laugh at him.

"I'm still terrified by him, at what he could do. To me, Tia and Tobias, you, Daryl. The others. We don't know what he's capable of, we only know a piece of the puzzle" I explain. Merle nods. "But come on woman, You forgot what we have all been through. We have changed for better and worse. But Negan has no idea what we can do. He only knows a piece of our puzzle" Merle says. "That may have been the nicest thing you have said about the group and also the smartest" I tease causing Merle to shove my shoulder.

"What's this then" Merle chuckles lightly looking out to the road. "You have got to be kidding me" I growl. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't send this know through your skull" I spit down at the sight of Rosita aiming a gun at Dwight who looks to me guilty. "I want to help" he explains. "I think we know how to work an iron but thanks" Merle jokes aiming his gun at his head. Dwight clenches his jaw. "No I want to help you to beat Negan" He tells me. "Negan had me and wife you have to know that I only did what he ordered to protect her but now shes gone so I have no loyalty to Negan" I think about his reason and nod to Merle who opens the gate. "You can stay there, in that cell, till Rick returns" I spit walking away.

It's a few more hours before Rick returns with Michonne, Tara, Jesus and Daryl. pecks me on the lips placing his arms around me. "We have a problem" I sigh to them all and lead them to where Dwight is. Daryl looks up, anger and hatred flooding though his veins as he lunged for him. "Woah Daryl stop" I yell. "Daryl not now" Rick shouts to him grabbing his arm pulling him back lightly pushing him to me. I wrap my arms around Daryl torso placing light kiss on his chest to calm him.

"Why?" Rick questions looking back to Dwight who scans us all. "Cause I want it stopped. I want Negan dead" he explains. "So why don't you kill him?" I ask. "Can't just be me. They're all Negan" he answers. Tara glares at him from the back. "That girl you murdered she had a name.
Her name was Denise, and she was a doctor." Tara spits with venom. Dwight looks to her apologetically. "I wasn't aiming for her" Daryl let's go of me lunging for him again. Pushing him against the wall aiming the knife at his skull. "Do it!" Tara orders. I shake my head grabbing his arm. "There's another way Daryl. Let him go" I whisper to him.

Tara shakes her head in disbelief and I glare at her. "We can't trust him" she fights back. "He owned me. But not anymore. What I did, I was doing it for someone else. She just got away. So now I'm here. So are you because of her" Dwight says looking to Daryl. "You knew her" I say to him. "Negan trusts me. We work together, we can stop him. You knew me then, and you know me now. You know I'm not lying." Dwight speaks looking to Daryl. "They have Sasha, if she's even alive" Dwight says. Everyone looks to Rosita. "Why didn't you say something? He could be our only chance to get her back" Jesus says. Because I don't trust him. But I trust Daryl" Rosita explains.

"Negan's coming soon. Tomorrow. Three trucks probably. 20 Saviors and him. I can slow them down, bring some trees down in the road, buy a little time for you guys to get ready. If you can take them out, that's where we start. You kill them, I'll radio back to the Sanctuary" Dwight explains him plan and I nod lightly to him.

"The Sanctuary? Where Negan lives.
That's what they call it." Tara scoffs. "I can radio back to them and say everything's okay. You drive the trucks back, and I can lead you right inside, and, with the right plan, we can wipe out the rest." He says ignoring Tara. "Check to see if your friend's still alive. Then, we get the workers on our side, build our numbers up, and go from outpost to outpost and end this" Dwight explains.

"Rick this is a solid plan, we need him. Look, I get it, he's done bad stuff but we have too, to protect the one we love. But we need him" I tell Rick, who looks to me before nodding.

__________________________
This chapter is long overdue! I am so sorry. I just got fed up with Wattpad and it's update with seeing all the message boards stuff so I was looking for ages on how to turn that off.
Also I started college, was originally on Creative Media but I hated it, I lasted two days on that course before changing to my current course Performing Arts. At the moment we are doing a Rock and Roll Red Riding Hood Pantomime! So been very busy with that!

Also would like to take a moment to just send my love to the fans, friends and family of the amazing Scott Wilson who has sadly died. He brought so much energy when I saw him at Walker Stalker and was such a sweetheart. My love to you Scott.

R.I.P Scott Willson
We all love you

~Boylie~