Chapter 5

*Lauren's P.O.V *

We have been driving for a couple of hours. Daryl ditched the truck and is now on his motorbike. I am also on that. My hands are wrapped around his waist. I lay my head on his back and soon fall asleep.

I am soon woken up when the rv brakes down. I tap Daryl and tell him to stop. He stops and saitd for me to climb off then he gets off. We both head over to the rv. "I said it. Didn't I say it? Thousand times. Dead in the water." Dale groaned. "Problem Dale?" Shane asks. "Just a small matter is being stuck in themiddle of nowhere with no hope of..."Dale trailed off as he saw Daryl search in a back of a car that was near by. "Okay that was dumb" Dale mutters. "If you can't find a radiator hose here" Shane starts. "There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find" Daryl told us.

"This is a graveyard. I don't know how I feel about this" Lori whined. I rolled my eyes and walked to a car that was a bit further on. It was a Black 1967 Chevrolet Impala. I looked inside the car. It was a sweet ride.

"You alright?" I turn to see Daryl looking at me. "You've been quite since the CDC?" He states. Should I ask him about the kiss? "When you woke up, I was already up..." his faced showed confusion then went relaxed as he realised what I was about. "Why you do it" I ask. He shrugged. "Why didn't you stop me?"he asks. "I dont know" he smirks but it soon goes away. Daryl walks up to me. He is inches away from my face. My breath hitches in my throat. "What you doing" I stutter. His lips going to my ear. "You going to stop me" he whispers. His lips grazing my ear. Causing me to moan softly. I shake my head. He leans down to kiss me. He is milometers away from my face when I hear Shane shout for me.

We jump away from eachother in time to see Shane come round the corner. He glares at Daryl. "Can I speak with you" I look at Daryl. He nods so I follow Shane. "You are to stay away from him" Shane orders at me. I soff and flip him off before walking away just for him to grab me and drag me under a car. "Walkers" he whispers. I search around for Daryl and see him stab a walker then place it over T Dog then one I over himself.

Once the heard passes I hear a small scream. I run out from under the truck and run towards the scream. I see Sophia run off into the woods with two walkeds chasing her. I run around them to get to Sophia quicker. I place a hand over her mouth and pull her out of site from the walkers. "Shoot them" sophia tells me. "I can't the walkers from the highway will hear" she nods. "Hide here. Squeeze in right at the back. I'll draw them away from you." I tell her. She shakes her head. "No please dont leave me." I hug her. "I have to lead them away. If im not back in 5 minutes. Go back to the highway. Keep the sun om your left shoulder." She hugs me tightly. "Be safe" she says as I run and and shout for the walkers. After a while of running I find a big rock and I smash the walkers heads in.

I walk back to the creek where I left Sophia. I see shes gone so I head back to the highway. I walk over the railing to see Carol crying. They all see me. "Where is she?" Carol asks. I freeze. "She's not back"

--
"You left her here?" Daryl asks me. I nod. "I drew the walkers off in that direction." I point to it. Daryl looks around and yells at Glenn. "Hey, short round, why don't you step off to one side? You're mucking uo the trail." Glenn then moves. "Assuming she knows her left from her right" Shane says. "She understood me perfectly Shane" I spit at him. " she had a close call with two walkers. Got to wonder how much you said stuck" he says. I storm up to him but before I could say anything Daryl speaks. "Got clear prints here. She did like you said, headed back to the highway." I go ahead and follow the tracks. I see them clear as day. But they just veer off in another direction. I don't listen to the conversation.

"No better if Shane and Glenn head bavk to the highway and I will stay here with Daryl and Lauren" rick says. Shane leaves with Glenn. "Asshole" I mutter after my brother leaves. "You got that right" rick says from beside me. After minutes of tracking we come across a walker. I throw my knife at the walker and it drops to the floor. We all walk over to it. I grab my knife. Then stab the walker in the stomach and drag it down. I pull the stomach bag out and let Daryl handle the rest. "Had himself woodchuck. " Daryl tells us. "At least we know. Lets head back." Rick says. I sigh and we start our way back to the highway.

Once we reach the highway the group heads towards us. "You didn't find her?" Carol whimpers. "Her trail went cold. We'll pick it up again at first light" Rick tells her. "Shes twelve and its late in the woods. You cant leave her." Carol cries. "Out in the darks no good. We'd just be tripping over ourselves. More people get lost." Daryl explains. Carol them looks at Daryl's leg. "Is that blood" she asks. "We took down a walker. But it wasnt anywhere near sophia" I tell her softly. "How can you know that?" Andrea asks. "Cut the son of a bitch open. Made sure" Daryl tries to help. Carol sits down and looks at me. "How could you just leave her out there to begin with? How could you just leave her?" I feel so guilty. "Those two walkers were on us. I didn't have a choice." I say softly. "How is she supposed to fund her way back on her own? She's just a child. Just a child. My little girl left in the woods alone." She cries. "Carol I know what you are going through..." I say. Carol looks at me and glares at me. "You have no idea what I am going through. You have no children!" My face then gets turned to the side as she hits me. Tears come to my eyes. "I'm sorry" I mumble before quickly walkibg away to a truck.

I sit in the back and cry. Oh baby where are you? I should of kept you safe! I cry into my hands. I feel someone get on the truck and hug me. They kiss my head. "We will find her Lauren. If Tia is anything like her mother shes gonna be just fine" I look at Daryl and smile. He smiles as well. He leans in and kisses me softly on my lips.

______________________________________
So...they kissed.

1) wheres tia?
2) was carol a little harsh?
3) is sophia okay?

Please vote and comment xx

Bye Fellow Archers
~Boylie~