Chapter 48

*Lauren's P.O.V*

"Hey Tia hun, come 'ere" I call over to my daughter, she nods picking up Tobias and walking over to myself and Daryl. "We won't be long okay. Just stay with Michonne and Carl. Look after Tobias and we will see you soon" I say giving her a hug. "Just be careful please" she mumbles squeezing me tight. "I'll make sure she doesn't do anything stupid don't worry Darling" Daryl says kissing her forehead. "You too Dad" she replies. He nod and gives Tobias' hand a shake and kissing it. "Love you" I say before walking to Rick and we make our journey to the meet up.

We slowly creep our way to the savior who taunts the tied up walker. Rick whistles causing him to turn to be stabbed in the abdomen letting out a grunt and falling to the floor. "What are you up to, Rick?" The man splutters as Rick stares at him. "I saw you begging. Crying. You're gonna beg again, Rick" he coughs, Rick looks to me.. "Now your boy, he's gonna die. The pretty chick" he motions to me as I walk over "He'll take her for himself, her and the two kids" he taunts, I walk over cutting the line holding the walker back, letting it devour the prick. Rick signals the others and their cars pile into the field.

"You up to this?" I question Maggie. She looks around at the communities joining together. "I got the Hilltop to stand against the Saviors. I need to be there. They say you can wage war through the second trimester" Maggie says smiling lightly. Rick chuckles. "I've been fighting since the farm. Can't stop now" She explains. "How about tomorrow?" Rick questions. "You been thinking about what that looks like?" She turns to him. "Yes, I have. I don't know if I can wait for it" Rick sighs."Just one more fight. And I'm gonna be there. At least for the first part" she reassures. "I'm told the Hilltop lost their doctor. We have a doctor in the Kingdom" Ezekiel offers to Jesus who smiles kindly to the King. " We'll get ours back" Jesus smiles. "Yes, you will. And on this day, we begin to reshape this world for your child and the children to come. So let's get started" I grin at the others.

I drive the car through the saviors walls and park up, climbing out loading my gun, Others follow in pursuit. Maggie raises her arm, we all follow aiming the guns in the air. She looks around and lowers her arm down to signal us. We all fire four shots before taking cover. Rick looks to me and nods. Our eyes are brought back when the door opens and Negan creeps out. "Well shit. Sorry. I was in a meeting" Negan laughs.

"I see you got your little mud flaps with you. So I'm not exactly feeling' a reason for us to try throwing lead at each other" He grins walking back and forth across theplatform with that stupid bat Lucille in his hand. "I care about my people. I don't want to just march them into the line of fire because I want play 'my dick is bigger than yours.'" I roll my eyes. "It is. We both know it, don't we Lauren" He grins, I shuffle on my feet aiming my gun at him, he stares at me licking his lips before continuing. "But I'm also comfortable enough to accept the fact if it wasn't. I'm certainly not gonna let my people die over that shit. Like you're about to" he grins aiming Lucille at Rick. "So, Rick, what the hell can I do for you?"

"Listen, you five. The Saviors inside. All of you have a chance to survive here. To survive this. You all can live if you surrender. Can't guarantee it any time but now. Right now" Rick yells to them. "So they surrender... and you and your little piss patrol doesn't kill them. That sounds like a good deal!" he taunts. "What about me, Rick?" I scoff. "You, you don't get a second chance" I spit out. "Your breaking my heart Lauren, are you really gonna kill poor Tia's Father" he smirks. "You are not her father" I yell out causing him to let out a small laugh. "You don't have the numbers for this fight. Simon" he whistles.

Simon leads Gregory out of Sanctuary. People start to murmur. "The Hilltop stands with Negan and the Saviors. Any resident of the Hilltop who takes up arms or who supports this ultimatum against the Sanctuary or any of the Saviors, for that matter, they will no longer be welcome in the colony. Their families will be thrown out and will be left to fend for themselves. Go home now. Or you won't have a home to go back to" I scoff, fucking coward. There's a long silence as Gregory waits for people to leave. "Doesn't look like anyone's going, Does it?" Maggie yells. "The Hilltop stands with-" "The Hilltop stands with Maggie" Jesus yells cutting off Gregory.