Chapter 18

*Jodie's P.O.V*

I shine my flashlight around the tunnels and have my knife out at the ready. I walk jslowly down the tunnel. I stab my knife into a walker. More keep coming. I keep killing them.

They are soon all gone. I stand there, breathing heavily. I feel a hand slide into mine and intertwine our fingers . "Jod, what are you doing here" Carl asks me. I ignore him and carry on walking. "Jodie, I get that your upset about your brother. I lost my mother. Don't push me out, please" he mumbles. I sigh and look at him. "I only just got him back and now he's gone" I whisper before starting to cry.

Carl brings me in for a hug. I cry into his shoulder. I calm down after a while. We walk down the tunnels together. I see a walker with no legs crawling towards us. I walk over and stab him in the head. I look around. "We should start heading back" Carl tells me. I nod. We start to walk. A door keeps opening and closing. "It's just one I'll sort it out you go on ahead" I tell Carl. He walks on.

I open the door and hold my knife up. I go to stab the walker in the head but don't. It's my brother, alive and breathing. I pick him up and place him on my shoulder and carry him back to the cell block. I place him in Hershel's cell then walk out.

"Found him in a cupboard." I tell Rick. "Did ya see Lauren" he asks me. I shake my head. "No trace of her. But Cieran had her Knife" I tell him.

I leave and walk to my cell. I lie down and soon drift off to sleep.

--
I wake up a few hours later. I walk out my cell to see most of the group gone. I walk over to Carl. "Where is everyone?" I question. "Maggie and Glenn were taken, a women knew were they taken and has gone to help them." He explains. I nod.

*Lauren's P.O.V*

The car pulls up to the prison and I step out the car and slam the door closed. I hear people shout my name but I ignore them. I feel a tug on my hand, I look down to see Tia. I pick her up and place her on my hip. "Mummy where's Daddy?" She asks softly. "He's gone with his brother, you remember Uncle Merle yea" I say and Tia's smile widens and she nods. "I'm gonna go rest, go tell Rick I'm in the guard tower if he needs me okay baby" I tell her. "Okay mummy" she kisses my cheek and I kiss her nose. I place her down and she runs off towards Rick.

I climb up the guard tower. I places blanket and a pillow down and sit. I stare out and feel myself start to cry. How could he do that? Lead me on like that! Was I nothing to him!? Will he come back?

I bring my knees up to my chest and hug them tightly. I sob into the knees. I feel myself slowly falling apart. Someone's hand touches my shoulder, I flinch but the person keeps their hand there. I look up and see Rick with sad eyes. "Come here Laur" he says before sitting down next and opening his arms. I move into them and sob into his chest.

It's been hours since Rick came up and we haven't said a word. "Lori gave birth, to a girl. Carl's named her Judith, after his school teacher he had a crush on" he chuckles sadly. "Lori didn't make it" I look at him and hug him tightly. "Jodie and Carl found Cieran in the tombs.  He said you put him there." I nodded slightly. I look up at him. I can feel him leaning in. I don't what to do. I was frozen.

The door to the guard tower opened and Maggie stepped in. "Glenn is losing his mind Rick. You need to come down there" she says. He looks away from me and gets up and walks out. I stare out into the yard and sing to myself.

Rick walks into the yard he looks around. He stops and stares at something. Rick then runs over to the gate and exits and over to a small bridge, he stops half way across. He lifts his hand up, as if he's touching someone.

Carol and Axel are talking in the yard. I smile at them. A gunshot goes off and Axel falls to the floor. Carol drops to the ground. "Hide behind Axel!" I shout to Carol. I look out and see the Governor. My eyes widen when I see a man next to him with a rocket launcher aimed at me. I run away from the window, the man shoots it and it makes the guard tower collapse. I trip and fall. I feel a pain in my right foot, I look down and see a piece of the guard tower the broke from the RPG landed on it. I try to move it but I can't. The gun shots soon stop.

I hear the group in the yard. "Carol where is Lauren?" I hear Rick shout. "She was in the guard tower!" She answers. "Rick! Someone Help!" I scream. I can feel the tears down my face. "Lauren you there!" He shouts as he opens the door. "Yea I'm here. I'm good. I think I broke my ankle. I can't move it" I yell. I see Rick head towards me, he moves it off my foot and helps down to the yard.

"Is she aright" I hear people ask. "I'm fine guys don't worry, you can't take me down that easy" I joke. I'm laid in Hershel's cell. I'm checked over and bandaged. Carl found a fake leg so Hershel is using that, and I'm using the crutches. I walk out the cell and hear shouting. "You stay the hell away from her Dixon!" No. He can't be.

I make my way out there with my crutches. He is here. I see Cieran, his hands are on Daryl's collar and pushing him against a wall. "Back off Cieran" I bark. Everyone looks at me. Cieran punches Daryl in the gut before he comes and hugs me. He walks back. "Mummy!" I look over to see Tia in Merles arms. I go over and kiss her head and hug Merle. Daryl looks at me. I glare at him.

I walk back into the cell block and go into my cell. Daryl walks into my cell. "Laure-" I cut him off. "I don't give a shit. The whore doesn't want to talk to you. So get out." I snap. He sighs then walks into the cell next to me, which was free. Tia walks by. "Mummy, where's daddy?" She asks. "Cell over" I mumble. She thanks me then skips into the next cell.

I can hear them talking. "Cieran told me to stay away from you daddy because you broke mummy's heart." I hear Daryl sigh. "If I explain to you, you gotta pinky promise not to tell anyone" I guess she did pinky promise. "I told your mummy that I didn't love her, that I never did. That she was only there for the company." He pauses. "But I lied." This is what makes me stand up. "I love her. So damn much. I told her that so she wouldn't come with me and Merle. I don't want her to come because she deserves someone so much better than me. Someone who can treat her right. I love her but I screwed up." I stand there in shock. "Daddy she still loves you." He sighs. "Right you go play" Tia runs past my cell.

I stand up and walk into Daryl's cell. He turns to me. "Look La-" I kiss him. He grabs my waist and pulls me closer. I warp my arms around his neck. We pull away. "You heard?" He smirks. I bite my lip and nod. He chuckles and kisses me again.

_____________________
Sorry for taking so long:3

Please vote and comment!

Bye Fellow Archers💘
~Boylie~