Chapter 23

*Lauren's P.O.V*

I sit down with Tia on my left and Daryl on my right. I lean my head on Daryl's shoulder, he kisses my forehead. Rick walks past and looks at me, I smile at him as he walks by.  He nods at me awkwardly, okay? "You two want food?" I question. "Yes please mum" Tia replies and Daryl grunts a yea. I stand up and walk over to get food, I grab three plates full of food, two bottles of alcohol and a bottle of water for Tia. I turn and bump into Maggie. "Ooh sorry Maggie" I chuckle a bit.  "Oh don't worry I wasn't looking where I was going, I'm glad your back. Daryl, Tia and Rick were never the same when we all reunited and you weren't there. This is the happiest I have seen Daryl in a long time." She whispers smiling. I smile and go sit back down in my seat. I hand Tia he food and bottle of water and I give Daryl his food and bottle of alcohol and then sit down and have my own food and drink. I look around and see everyone talking and laughing.

"I'd like to propose a toast" Abraham announces, the chatter stops in the room. "I look around this room... and I see survivors. Each and every one of you has earned that title. To the survivors." He tells us. A chorus of cheers can be heard and I take a swig of my drink. "Is that all you want to be? Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks, forage for food, go to sleep at night with two eyes open, rinse and repeat? 'Cause you can do that. I mean, you got the strength. You got the skill. Thing is, for you people, for what you can do, that's just surrender" I look at him and so do others in the group. "Now, we get Eugene to Washington and he will make the dead die and the living will have this world again. And that is not a bad takeaway for a little road trip." I look at the others to see if it's true, the all have normal faces. Guess they already knew then. "However this plays out, however long it takes for the reset button to kick in, you can be safe there. Safer than you've been since this whole thing started. Come with us. Save the world for that little one. Save it for yourselves. Save it for the people out there... who don't got nothing left to do except survive." Rick looks at everyone, Judith makes a noise. "What was that" Rick chuckles. "I think she knows what I'm about to say. She's in. If She's in, I'm in. We're in." Judith giggles in reply I smile at the tiny Baby.

Carol sneaks off outside, I look at Daryl confused. "I'm gonna go talk to her" He mumbles, pecks me on the lips then gets up and walks out. I pick up mine, Daryl and Tia's empty plates and put them on the table. I walk over and sit by Rick. "You okay Rick?" I ask. He looks at me as if he wants to say it but doesn't, he nods and looks back out the window looking for something or someone. "Rick, what's going on" I question worried. He sighs. "We went to a place called Terminus, thought it was safe. Thought it could be a fresh start for us. I went there with Michonne, Daryl, Carl and Tia. I was wrong it wasn't a good place." He looks at me. "I saw their people with the poncho that Daryl gave to Maggie, the orange bag that Bob had and Glenn' pocket watch that Hershel gave him. They shot at us, no to kill us but to guide us. They led us to a courtyard where they had us surrounded. Shoved us in a shipment container that's where the others were. They took Me, Daryl, Glenn and Bob, tied us up. They were going to drain our blood so they could eat us Lauren. Carol helped us escape, blew the place up. I don't know if those people are still alive. I'm Worried they are gonna come after us." He looks down and fiddles with his hands. "Come 'ere" I whisper. I hug him and he hugs me back. "We're gonna be fine. You want to know how I know that? It's because we are all family, we are strong. You protect us, Daryl does, so does Glenn we look out for each other." He looks at me and smiles. "You should have some rest" He says. "Night Rick." I lay down next to Tia, She curls into my side. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

---------

I am woken up suddenly when the door is opened, Sasha heads out and closes the door. Rick and Tyreese rush after her. I follow them into the woods. "Bob is out there somewhere. Scared, alone." I hear Sasha whisper. I walk closer. "Maybe not alone, Daryl and Carol are missing too." Rick says. "What you mean missing" I ask. Rick turns and sees me. "Him and Carol haven't been seen since dinner. They said something about a road not far off and they were looking at a car, Tyreese checked. The cars not there anymore." He tells me. They walk back to the church and I follow.