Chapter 33

*Lauren's P.O.V*

I wake up the next morning alone. I sigh. Gotta get used to this for the next couple of days. I look down at my very small bump and smile. "You're going to be just fine baby. Me and your Daddy are going to protect you and your big sister" I mumble. I stand up and walk out after getting a jacket. I walk down the street and see Spencer, I walk up. "Hi, i'm sorry for your loss. I know it seemed like I didn't like him but he was good" I mumble to him, he nods at me. I walk up to Rick and Glenn. Rick nods at me and Glenn smiles. "Did you get the check up?" I nod at Glenn. "What check up?" Rick questions. "I fell yesterday on my stomach and I had Pete come check it out but I think next time I will ask Eugene. I don't have a good feeling about Pete" I whisper to them. Rick glares over to Pete who is down the street. "Stay away from him. He can't be trusted. He hits Jessie and he yells at the kids" my eyes widen. "He got a little touchy feely which I did not like at all" I say turning to see Pete standing on his porch looking over at us. "I got something I want to sort out" Rick mumbles before walking away.

I laugh at Carls attempt to make me laugh, he's been trying to cheer me up about Daryl not being here. "Hey it's just the hormones. I'll be fine soon." He smiles and gives me a side hug. "I can remember meeting you when you were a baby. You and Tia were the cutest babies I have ever seen" I say putting my arm around you and kissing him lighting on the head. He frowns at me and shakes his head. A crash causes us to turn our heads. My eyes widen when my eyes catch sight of Rick and Pete fighting and the crash was them going through a window. I go closer. Rick has Pete on the floor his hands wrapped around his throat. "Rick stop!" I yell. I go forward but Glenn stops me. Pete flips them over and now he is on top and he punches Rick a few times. "Pete enough of this!" Jessie yells. "Rick stop!" I scream as he punches Pete. Jessie runs up to Pete and tries to pill him off but he slaps her. I rush to her and hold her close. I shh her wails and one of women from down the street take her. "Pete stop this! Rick just stop!" I yell. Carl grabs on to his father to pull him off. "Carl No!" I yell rushing forward. Rick pushes him away and I get there in time for Carl not to hit the ground. Carl breaths heavy into my chest. Rick holds Pete in a choke hold. "Stop!" Deana yells.

"Damn it Rick, I said enough!" She yells again. He pushes Pete out of his grasp and pulls out a gun. "Or what?" He yells looking around pointing it at people, blood dripping down his face. "You gonna kick me out!? You still don't get it. What it's like to be out there. To be hunted by the dead and the living. You have no idea!" He yells. I look around to see everyone cowering. "Things don't just get better cause you want them too. We have to decide who live here" He taunts looking at Deana. "That has never been more clearer then it is now" she says. Rick lets out a loud laugh. "Oh me! You mean me!? Your gonna destroy this place if you don't sort it. I'm not going to stand by and-" Michonne hits him over the head knocking him out cold. "You okay Carl?" I ask. He nods. Merle and Tia rush to my side. "That was not Officer Friendly" I sigh. Me and Merle walks over to Michonne and we look down to an unconscious Rick, I look up at Merle. Who mutters 'On it' and picks Rick and chucks him over his shoulders and brings him to a room where Deana wants him. Everyone leaves except Michonne and I. I sit down on the floor leaning on the wall with my eyes closed.

~Few Hours later~

I wake up to the door slamming shut. I open my eyes to see a blanket on me. "I'm sorry for being an ass" I look up to see Rick. "It's not me you should be saying that too" I mumble. "Where's Michonne?" He looks to me the door. I figure she was the one who slammed the door. "Do you think this place is safe?" He asks me. I sit up more and think for a moment. "I think we can make this work. I think if we talked to them and explained what needs to be done and not wave a fucking gun around we would of been fine. I think some people think they know what's best. On both sides." I emphasize the last part. "But I do think we can get it so it can be safe, But together. We do it together" I say. He looks at me then nods smiling. "Go home Laur, the floor doesn't look comfy. I will see you at the meeting" I nod and kiss his head lightly before walking out.  

I walk around one of the ponds at the back. A house not far from it. I sit down and look at the water. "You lost lovely" I turn to see Pete. I stand up quickly. He walks down off the porch, and towards me. "You seem surprised to see me. I know this isn't my house but I'm here for a very short while" He says. He gets closer to me and I take a step back. He goes to touch my face but I smack his hand away. "Touch me and I will skin you alive, and feed you to the walkers. Don't test me Pete. I've dealt with pricks like you in the past" I spit and walk away to go this meeting.

"We're going to start." Deana says. I look around. "Can we wait? There's still people coming. Glenn, Rick" Maggie states. "We're going to start. It's already dark. We're going to talk about what happened. Not the fight. Not what precipitated it. We're dealing with that. We're going to talk about one of our constables, Rick Grimes. We're going to talk about how he had a pistol he stole from the armory, about how he pointed it at people. And we're going to talk about what he said. I was hoping he'd be here." she says. "Maggie  said he's coming. I'm sure he'll be here. And I'm sure we can work this all out" I say standing and giving a small smile. everyone from our group who is present talks about how Rick saved their lives.

I stand up ready to speak. "I have known Rick since I was 14 when him and my brother became partners and close friends. Yes, he has changed but that's only because of what has happened to us. The world out there can change you. We had a prison that we had as our home" I feel tears come to my eyes. "Our group was attacked by a sick man who abandon his group.  We took them in. Rick took them in. We lived there happily as a big family. Families. It got taken away from us we saw our friends die in front of us. I was spilt up from the person I love and my daughter. We all found each other but our loved ones were nearly killed and eaten by cannibals. Our group made it out of there. Alive. And that is because of Rick Grimes" I look at Carol and she's happy I didn't mention her as one of the people who saved us.

I go to sit down but we hear someone grunting walking towards us. I see Rick carrying a body over. He dumps it on the floor. Everyone but our groups gasp as they see a walker. "This is what's out there! The gate was left open and it got inside! I did not bring this in, It got in itself" Rick says. "We can go through this together and be better. But only together will this work." he says looking at me. Jessie smiles at rick but soon frowns as she looks behind him to see Pete. "Your not one of us! Your not one of us" He spits heading towards Rick with Michonnes katana. Reg walks up to him. "Pete you don't want to do this" Reg says softly to him trying to lead him away. "Get off me" Pete yells and pushes Reg with the Katana slicing his throat open I scream in horror before jumping into action. I take off my flannel and rush to Deana who is holding her husband, I place my flannel on his wound trying to stop the blood. He's to nice to die. Deana sobs in pain and Reg looks up her adoring his wife for the last time. Abraham grabs Pete and holds him down. "I'm so sorry Reg" I mumble to him as a tear falls from eye. His eyes close and Deana cries out. I lean back onto my Knees and I look my hands covered in blood. Reg's Blood. Deana looks up. "Rick. Do it." She says. It was as if Rick was a machine and he followed his command in seconds shooting Pete dead. Jessie screams as she witnesses her husband get shot. It is silent apart from the sobs coming from Deana. "Rick" I look up at my heart beats faster as I see Daryl. With Aaron and a man I don't recognise.

___________________________________________________________________

I hope you like it sorry its way over due

Vote and Comment!

Bye Fellow Archers!

~Boylie~