Chapter 43

*Lauren's P.O.V*

I lean against the window with the rest of the group, trying to convince Gregory to fight. Next to me is Daryl, holding Tobias close to him and tie standing on his other side. "No way in hell. That was not the deal" Gregory yells walking away from Rick. "You people swore you would take the saviours out and ya failed so any arrangement we had is now done" he paces around. "We ain't trade partners. We ain't friends" he tells us. "That's for sure" I mutter under breath causing Daryl to nudge me lightly smirking. "I don't owe you nothing. In fact you all owe me for taking in your refuges" Gregory yells sitting down in his chair. "Oh you were very brave staying in here while Maggie and Sasha were outside saving the Hilltop. Your courage was inspiring!" Jesus spits sarcastically. I glare over at Gregory. "Don't you work for me" Gregory taunts. "Hey watch your mouth sunshine, if it wasn't for Jesus, Maggie and Sasha this place wouldn't be standing" I say walking forward a bit.

"How many people can we spare? How many people here can fight?" Maggie questions. "We?! I don't even know how many people we have Margret" Gregory mutters. "Maggie" a voice spits. I turn to see Tia walking forward next to Maggie. "Her name is Maggie" she says looking up slightly at the pregnant women. I smile at my daughter and turn back to pig at the desk. "These people are farmers. They grow things. They are not gonna want to fight" he tells us. "Your wrong! When people have the chance they will step up" Tara explains to him. "Let me stop you before you break into song" Daryl looks up glaring at the arsehole in front of us. "Who will train them" he asks. "I will" multiple voices go off. "Rhetorical" Gregory sings out. I scoff. "Would we be better off without the saviours? Yes or no?" Rick asks walking closer to Gregory. He nods in reply. "I don't care what happens outside my palace" he taunts. "What the hell man. Your with us or you ain't. Your sitting over there talking out of both sides of your mouth" Daryl snaps handing Tobias to Merle.

"I don't think you should stuff like that in front of your kids Derek" Everyone stands up or walks forward a inch but Daryl starts to make a move at him. I place a hand in front of him stopping him. "You really shouldn't have said that in front of my family hey? Daryl is right your talking shit! Jesus said it earlier Maggie and Sasha risked their lives to save this place while you hid inside. What kind of a leader is that?" I question walking to his desk. He stays silent. "Your different since the last time we spoke. More closed off and touchy. You've noticed it too haven't you, these people don't follow you anymore. You may say you're the leader but they don't follow your orders. Who do you think that is?" I taunt leaning down on his desk so I'm face to face with him.
He glances at Maggie momentarily before looking back at me. I smirk. "Looks like you already know who that is" I grin. Gregory clears his throat standing up. "I'd say we are done. Go out the back" he glares at me. Everyone leaves and I stay there for a moment staring at Gregory. "Laur" Daryl calls, I turn to him and smile following him out.

"I think you should come outside" Enid tells us. We follow her out the front door. The Hilltop is gathered outside waiting for Maggie. I smile as I reach a pillar and lean against it. "What's going on?" Maggie questions. "Enid was telling us you want Gregory to let us fight the saviours with you. Is that true?" a women asks. Maggie nods a yes. "Do you think we can win?" She questions. "I do" Maggie says smiling. "Then I'm in" the lady says. A chorus of agreement is sounded around the Hilltop. I smile as my statement is true. They look to Maggie.

"We have to get back. They will come looking for Daryl" Rick says as we walk to the gates. "You don't have to go back. Not yet. It's one of theirs. Long range. We can listen in and keep track of them" Jesus holds up a radio. "Then where are we going?" I ask. Jesus smirks. "I think it's time you met Ezekiel. King Ezekiel" Jesus tells us. We all look around confused. "King?" Rick asks.

We pull up in the truck to a empty car park. "It's called The Kingdom?" Rick asks confused. "Yea. I didn't name it" he tells us. A group of men come riding down the hill on horses and they carry a spear. "Who dares trespass on the land of- shit Jesus that you" One of men yells braking character. My eyebrows furrow. Jesus waved to them. "Who are these people Paul." He says. "Nice to see you Richard. This is Rick Grimes he has a community and these are some of his people. We request an audience with King Ezekiel" Jesus says.

My eyes widen in admiration. It's beautiful. Children are running by playing tag, Tobias giggles as they pass. Some Adults planting others doing laundry while gossiping. "They have the numbers" Michonne grins. "But can they fight" Rosita asks. "Oh they can fight" Jesus smirks. "Maybe" Daryl mumbles still unsure. "Morgan" Tara smiles. Our eyes dart to a familiar face who looks up at us. He smiles as he sees us and hugs everyone. Daryl gives him and nod and Morgan turns to me then down to Tobias. "Morgan meet Tobias Dixon" I say smiling and handing him Tobias. "Hey there buddy. Ain't you lovely." Morgan coos causing Tobias' hand to reach up to Morgan's cheek laughing. Richard leans over and pulls a face causing Tobias to cry. I can't help but laugh lightly. "Yea your definitely your fathers son" Morgan grins handing him back to Daryl who kisses his sons head. There a light chuckle around us. "Damn right he is" he mumbles smiling down at him.

"Did you find Carol?" Rick asks once the others are inside. Morgan nods. "Where is she" Daryl asks. "She left. She wanted to get away from us. When I found her she was shot but she's fine I took her back here and got her fixed up" Morgan explains. "So where is she now" I question. He looks to me. "She's gone" he says before inside. I walk the building and notice no had entered. Morgan then leads us to a room and he opens the door. My eyes nearly pop out my sockets when I see a stunning tiger walking  around on a stage. Jesus walks forward as if it's normal.

"Jesus. It pleases me to see you old friend" a man yells down to us. He has long grey dreadlocks and is sitting a wooden throne like chair next to the tiger. I walk forward standing next to Paul, mesmerised by big cat in front of me. "It please him indeed" another voice yells over the top. "Jerry" the first voice mutters. Jerry stays smiling looking at us. "Tell me what good news do you bring good King Ezekiel" the king yells to him. Jesus starts to speak and turns back to the group who are all stuck in the doorway scared of Tiger. "Oh Yea I forgot to mention" he starts. "Yea a tiger" Rick says surprised. The tiger roars causing me to smile.

They all soon walk forward. "What brings you here" Ezekiel questions. "All three of our community's have something in common. We all serve the saviours" Rick explains. Richard looks over at the King for reaction but there is none. "Alexandria fought them once and won but we didn't have them all. But we didn't know then what we know now. We only beat one outpost" Rick sighs. "We told you about our deal with saviours due to you being in one to. We brought you into our confidence why did you break it" Ezekiel says to Jesus who looks guilty. "Because I want you to hear Ricks plans" causing Ezekiel to look back to Rick for an explanation. "And what plans do you have Rick Grimes of Alexandria" he asks. "We have to ask you The Kingdom to join us in fighting the saviours. Fighting for freedom for all of us" Rick says. "What you are asking is very serious" Ezekiel says in a different tone. "Because this is a serious matter. These saviours have killed people. Several of own. Good people were slaughter by them." I explain my eyes pleading to the King. "Who?" A voice asks. I turn to Morgan. "They killed Glenn, Abraham and Cieran with a baseball bat. Bashed their skulls in front of us. In front of Maggie, Glenn's pregnant wife. Spencer and Olivia. Eugene was taking and is being held hostage. Daryl was taking too" I say tears in my eyes. "I gave birth to Tobias the night the killed Glenn, Abraham and Cieran. They already had Daryl in a truck when I gave birth. They came to us for their first supply pick up and a few months ago and Daryl was made to come along. He was not able to touch or even look at his new born child. Didn't even know if he had a Daughter or Son. Daryl escaped and he met his son for the first time a this morning. Daryl being out here is a target. Negan wants him back" I say tears down my face Morgan doesn't speak but looks up to the King.

"I ask you King Ezekiel to please help us. I ask you as a mother and as a part of this family to help us. I saw Negan in the life before this one and he was a vile human being and he knows how to get under my skin and hurt the things I love. He knows I am with Daryl and he knows Tobias and Tia are my children. Negan is the father of Tia, he raped me the world we used to have and now he's back and he's even more of monster than he used to be" I say trying to convince him. "Please fight with us! So no more should die to follow their rules. So now one will be made to provide for them" I yell standing up. The room is silent for a moment. "The hour grows late, Rick Grimes of Alexandria. You have given the King much to think about. I invite you all to sup with us and to stay till the morn" Ezekiel says standing. "We have to get going" Rick sighs. "I shall deliver my decree in the morn" he says before walking off with his tiger following behind.

________________________________
Hope you liked it!
Please vote and comment!

Also for the people wondering about my new book Adored. I have 4 chapters pre written and I will post two chapters once I have 10 written

Love you all
Bye Fellow Archers
~Boylie~