Chapter 26

*Lauren's P.O.V*

My heads laying on Daryl's bare chest, tracing circles on his chest. He kisses the top of my head. "I think it's time we head back baby girl" He mumbles by my ear. I groan. "Back to reality" I sigh. I get up and put my bra back on then grab my top. I pull the top over my head and turn to see Daryl staring at me smirking. "What you smirking at Dixon" I tease. "Just at how beautiful you are" he compliments. "Awh such a softie" I tease again. "Yea don't get used to it." He grumbles. I search around for my knickers but fail to find them. "Um Dare, Bit of a problem. I can't find my Knickers" I say blushing. Daryl lets out a low laugh. "Babe don't laugh at me" I pout. "How could you lose them Laur" He asks still laughing. "Well someone yanked them off and chucked them" I laughed. Daryl gets up and puts his boxers and jeans on. "What they look like" He says. "Like knickers duh" I say giggling. "Yea I know what they look like but knowing you, you would have a crazy pair. Like those Ninja lizard thingy" He tells me. "They are called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Okay fine they have the cartoon character Garfield on them and it says Where's the pussy Cat? on them" I mumble embarrassed. Daryl laughs at that. "I think we found out where it is earlier" I slap him lightly. "Where the hell do you get them" he says. "Michonne, She knows I like wacky ones so she gives me them and keeps the lacy ones for herself and Rosita" Daryl looks at me funny. "Why not have some lace ones do you not love to show me lace panties" He smirks. I shove him and pull my jeans on and forget about my knickers. We walk out hand in hand and back to the group.

Me and Daryl walk out of the woods, Rick walks up to us and hands us a piece of paper. "From A Friend" It says on the paper. I then notice bottle and jugs of water. Daryl quickly takes off his crossbow and looks around with his scope. "What else are we gonna do?" Tara says to all of us. I look around with Daryl then back at the water. "Not this. We don't know who left it" Rick explains. "If that's a trap, we already happen to be in it. But I, for one, would like to think it is indeed from a friend. " Eugene speaks. "What if it isn't? They put something in it?" Carol speaks for everyone. Eugene then rushes over to a bottle and goes to take a swig but Abraham knocked it out of his hands. (A/N I know at this point Daryl was still upset about Beth. He still is but he is trying to become his old self with the help of Lauren).

Thunder begins to sound and rain begins to fall. Everyone opens their mouths to catch water. Tara and Rosita fall to floor laughing. I turn and hug Daryl. He smiles down at me. He picks me up and swings me around. I giggle. He then kisses me. I kiss back. Before long it is full on make out session. Daryl pulls away. "I can remember you telling me you always wanted to have a kiss in the rain." I smile at him. He then starts to smirk. I look at him confused. He leans down and whispers in my ear. "Looks like your wet again for me" I playfully slap him. The thunder gets louder. "Where do we go" Maggie yells to Rick. I look at Daryl and he looks at me. "There's a barn" Daryl shouts to Rick.

Most of us are huddled round a fire. I'm curled up to Daryl's side. Tia is fast asleep on Merle's lap. "When I was a kid... I asked my grandpa once if he ever killed any Germans in the war. He wouldn't answer." Rick starts. Maggie goes off to find another blanket. "He said that was grown-up stuff, so... so I asked if the Germans ever tried to kill him. But he got real quiet. He said he was dead the minute he stepped into enemy territory." he carried on. "Every day he woke up and told himself, "Rest in peace. Now get up and go to war." And then after a few years of pretending he was dead... he made it out alive. That's the trick of it, I think. We do what we need to do and then we get to live. But no matter what we find in DC, I know we'll be okay. Because this is how we survive. We tell ours-"

He gets cut off by Michonne throwing a piece of fabric at me. I sit up and my face heats up in embarrassment. Daryl looks over before letting out a laugh. "What is it" Glenn asks confused. "It's Lauren's Knickers I found them in the room at the back there." Michonne says teasingly. "I wonder why you took so long" Abraham joins in. "How in the world could you lose your knickers" Rosita questions laughing. Daryl has been having a laughing fit for the past couple of minutes. Payback time. "Someone was eager to get them off" I tell them smirking then I look at Daryl who glares at me jokingly, he then smirks. "Didn't here you complaining" He says and everyone snickers. I hide my face in hands blushing like mad.

~Later on that night~

I'm leaning against the back of the barn doors. Daryl walks by the barn doors, he looks outside and freezes. I stand up confused. Daryl puts down his crossbow and pushes the barn doors shut, That's when I hear it. Walkers. I run up and help him push them closed. I pull the chains tighter and push with all of my strength. More people from the group start to push the door. My feet begin to slip. I slip but I don't fall to the floor. I look up to Daryl has hold of my arm, I get back up and push. I lock eye contact with Daryl and he saw the pure look of fear spread across my face. We all push but we hear the moans stop. I look out to see a Tree and crushed them. People go back to sitting down. I sit next to Daryl at the back and watch the doors not sleeping at all.

Maggie wakes up and walks over to Daryl and I. "You should get some sleep you two" She says to both of us. I nod at her. I give Daryl a look. "Fine" he sighs. Maggie smiles at us both. She looks over at Sasha. "He was tough." Daryl mumbles. Maggie nods. "So was she. She didn't know it, but she was." Daryl says referring to Beth. Daryl leans over me and grabs the music box. "The gearbox had some grit in it." He says handing it to her. "Thank you." She smiles. She gets up and walks to Sasha. Daryl uses his vest as a pillow and lays down. I lay down beside him and use his arm as a pillow. "Night Dare, love you" I say yawning. He kisses my forehead. "'G'night Laur, Love you too" He whispers. Not long after quiet snore could be hear. I soon fell asleep after him. !!

___________________________________________

Three updates within 24h!! hope you like it!! Update tomorrow!!

Please Vote and Comment!!!

Love You All!!

Bye Fellow Archers

~Boylie~